Hair, hair is going where??

Laura T.
on 6/20/11 5:07 am - Carthage, NC
I know hair loss is normal; however, I'm on month about 6 and I'm getting pretty thin. When does it stop? And what can I do to help? 
I am ALREADY taking over 5000 whatevers of Biotin (plus what is in my multi-vitamin)... My chin, lip, eybrow, leg and other body parts have no trouble growing hair LOL...Just having a hard time getting it on my head :/

Any suggestions?

Laura T
Whether therefore ye eat or drink, do all to the glory of God.  

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 5:11 am - TX
I am in the same boat. I am using the Nioxin products, taking vitamins galore, and all that good stuff. It is still coming out an alarming rate but I haven't noticed on my scalp yet - but I am sure its coming. I did cut my hair into a short bob a few weeks ago and got it highlighted and it looks much better, not straggly.

I think from reading here; that is pretty much all you can do unless you want to buy a wig. Just wait it out.
Lori P.
on 6/20/11 5:13 am - Kenosha, WI
I am a year out.  I slowed down by month 7-8 and growth was evident by month 9.  I also cut my hair VERY short at about 9 months out and now it looks healthy and the regrowth is the same lenght as the hair. 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

MerMer
on 6/20/11 5:34 am
Hair Loss it the worst. Mine started about 6 months after about 14 months I couldn't take it anymore so I got my hair cut really short and started taking Biotin. It was the best decision. Keep taking the Biotin it really works.
jenni93
on 6/20/11 6:02 am
Hi Laura - We had our surgery on the same day!  I'm glad you posted this because I'm getting a little stressed about my hair loss too.  Mine started around 2 1/2 months and is still going on.  I had very thick hair before, so it still looks okay, but is noticeably thinner to me.  I have my hair cut short and can blow it dry in, like, 30 seconds now.  Yikes!  Does cut down on the morning routine, but I"m hoping it will stop falling out soon!
   SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

candie33
on 6/20/11 6:11 am
Yes mine started right when I hit 5 months and I am taking my vitamins along with biotin, I just added the vitamin silica, after reading about it but I have also purchased a couple of wigs for just in case. Yes,  hair shedding really has me  worried.

inocntdevil19
on 6/20/11 6:17 am - sylvania , OH
everything I have heard and read says Potein protein protein. Make sure you are getting your 70+ grahms of protein and you should have little to no hair issues. 
adamsamah
on 6/20/11 7:33 am - Nixa, MO
It happens to everyone and it does stop. I'm not at all convinced about the Biotin but I believe in the protein. It's like the fear we all have that we are the only one the surgery won't work for - we fear that we are the one person who will lose ALL her hair. It's normal to lose hair and normal to be fearful about it but I do think the cutting short and maybe highlighting is the best solution.
Hugs and relax (if possible),
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

tinkerbaby
on 6/20/11 11:50 am - NY
OMG thank you for posting what u did. I seriously thought I "was" the only one that this surgery wasnt going to work for!! Thought I was the only one who thought that way also! Thank you.. thank you.. for letting me know I wasnt alone. I am almost 5 weeks out and hit a stall 2 weeks ago... and I was like "yup see... isnt gonna work for me!!" Thank you again!!

beck222
on 6/20/11 9:58 am
RNY on 01/19/11 with
I'm in the same boat here too.  I am thankful that I started with really thick hair.  It's not really noticable to other people, except for the stray hairs all over my clothes

I agree with what the others posted.  I beleive it has a lot to do with protein. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404