?? about substitution for Magnesium Citrate

lynni
on 6/20/11 9:47 am
Does anyone have an alternative to the magnesium citrate that the doctor's office has told me to use the day before surgery.  I can not drink it even mixed with something else.  It comes right back up.

facethemusic
on 6/20/11 10:01 am
You need to call your surgeon's office and see what you can substitute.  No one on here can relaly tell you because what may be okay with one surgeon won't be alright with another.  I had to do the magnesium citrate like it or not.  If they knick your bowels and they have excrement in them you are risking a nasty infection that could kill you.  It made me nauseous, but I downed it like I was doing a shot.  Maybe try taking small sips of it mixed in something over the course of an hour or something.  I'm not sure what else you could do other than maybe an enema.  I'd rather drink something nasty than have an enema.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

tydephan
on 6/20/11 11:44 am
I had to drink 2 bottles of it. I got one grape and one cherry.

In retrospect, I should have gotten 2 grapes. It went down much easier for me. But I chugged it in one drink as well. The cherry took three drinks and I almost vomited it back up. Much worse and saltier tasting than the grape.

That's what worked for me. Wish I could be more help! Good luck.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics