Full Liquids-- any ideas?

kgee
on 6/20/11 10:21 am - MD
4 days post op and am needing some encouragement and ideas for the full liquid diet.

Right now, my list of eats are (all sugar free) pudding, jello, broths, protein shakes, and those little drink pouches you add to a bottle of water.

Knowing I've got at least another 7 days of this, I need some help with other ideas of things I can "eat".  

Please tell me there is more..... today was the first day I felt hungry and had trouble curbing that hunger so I didn't overindulge.

poet_kelly
on 6/20/11 10:38 am - OH
Cream soups.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kgee
on 6/20/11 10:42 am - MD
 Thank you Kelly.  I had forgotten about those.... 

YankeeRose
on 6/20/11 10:51 am - Meadville, PA
Hi! Wish I could help but I will be having my surgery tomorrow. Let me know if you get any good suggestions as I will be needing some ideas too. Congrats on your surgery! How was your post op experience and how was the pain?

Tammy

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

on 6/20/11 11:14 am - OR
I have a yogurt in the AM
broth with protein in it for lunch
cream soup for dinner
and I usually split a shake for the 2 snacks
seashell6417
on 6/20/11 11:48 am - Gaylord, MN
Although it was not my favorite, Cream of Wheat made w/ milk was on my list during the full liquid stage.  I added Truvia and maple extract to flavor it.  When I needed to "chew" something I relied upon popcicles and jello and when I needed a break from sweet stuff I drank bullion or broth.  I did also eat cream soups that were strained of any little bits.
Tami

macjuicy
on 6/20/11 12:47 pm, edited 6/20/11 12:48 pm - FL
Give up on the idea of chewing for a while.... lol Im sorry to have to say taht but i beleive in being straight forward.... you could change it up with propel flavored water, Vitamin Water Zero, Crystal Light... also change up your broth to beef or veggie, just make sure you get the salt free one you dont wanna retain water that will happen at hospital with IV fluids so pace yourself for now

Another thing on full liquid is the jello Sugar Free Mouse Cups are very very Tasty and add a nice change to the reg stuff... cream of wheat milked down with a squirt of sugar free caramel syrup is pretty great

Good luck

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

princessfrogee
on 6/20/11 3:44 pm - AL
For my pre-op I really found I cannot stand the broth straight from the can/box.  I started making my own broths and the best one that I had was when I made my kids brussel sprouts one night (their request) and I had some beef broth I hated by itself and added the rest to the pot of sprouts and added some garlic bouillon, onion bouillon and a little crushed garlic and enough water to cover them and cooked on high until water began to boil, then turned off burner and let sit 10 or so mins.  Even if you do not like sprouts, this is really good!  They ate the sprouts, I had the broth.

I also found I do not like cream soups from a can.  With the pre-op diet I have been more sensitive to salt and pepper suddenly.  I use the  crm soups all the time mixed in recipes and gravies, etc but hate them by themselves.  I did find some nice cream V8 soups in a box that were good.  Some had too many chunks and had to strain those out.  Trader Joe's Roasted Red Bell Pepper soup is SO GOOD.  I don't have a TJ near me.  I sought one out when I had to go to Atlanta a few wks ago and wished now that I had gotten more.  ha ha

I also found the quick and easy meals were less pleasing than just creating my own.  I love to cook and do not want to lose that just because I can't cook the same things as before. 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?