SURGERY TOMORROW!!

princessfrogee
on 6/20/11 1:51 pm - AL
I leave at 3:30 a.m. in the morning to head to the hospital for my surgery.  Cannot believe it is finally here!  I have not been nervous and a lot of that has to do with everyone here at OH.  I just want to thank you all again for sharing your stories, experiences, before/after pics, etc. so that I can have a good idea of what to expect and how to deal with things that may come up.

I have only been secretly excited as I hate getting hopes up and then something not happen.  When I am laying there in pain I guess I will finally be excited!  ha ha  But doubt that I will have much pain when I wake up as I am sure I will have the goofy juice pumped into me still.   Should be out by Thursday and will post when I can.  See ya on the losers bench!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
pam17
on 6/20/11 2:00 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/09/11 with
Good luck and I will think of you. I am 6 weeks out today. You will start your new life tomorrow. I had no pain at all. The hardest part was eating new !! You'll do great. God bless ya!!

Pam

princessfrogee
on 6/20/11 3:27 pm - AL
Thank you!

Heidi L.
on 6/20/11 2:01 pm - San Jose, CA
RNY on 09/21/10 with
You'll do AWESOME! Congratulations on making it this far. Tomorrow will be the start of your new life. Take advantage of every second to better yourself.

This forum is an amazing support system. Soon you'll be cheering on the new pre and post-ops.
Heidi

Pre-op  260.8#...Surgery 242#...Current 190#...Lowest 166#...Goal 155.8#

princessfrogee
on 6/20/11 3:26 pm - AL
Thanks so much!

You having a warm or average summer in Fairbanks this yr?  I do not miss the long cold winters but truly mourn for the summers in Alaska!!  A few wks ago my family went on a mini vacation and I got to eat some King and Snow Crab from Alaska.  For the first time since we left in 2005, we found a place that knew how to cook it right!  OMG!!  I miss that and halibut so much!   OH!  And the fresh berries and produce too!  I would be in heaven for post WLS that is for sure!...Hmmm maybe not, I would be tempted to overindulge!  haha

Rebecca H.
on 6/20/11 2:22 pm
Congratulations ! My mother was a nurse and I grew up thinking and believing that the only reason someone was admitted to the hospital was because they had to be. I remember being in the bed with the IV hooked up and a warm blanket on my legs that I"m really really here and I came on my own free will. I was a volunteer for surgery. That seemed to consume most of my thoughts. The surgery didn't bother me at all. Good luck and send a post when you come home from the hospital.
princessfrogee
on 6/20/11 3:21 pm - AL
Thanks and I will!

gracie5
on 6/20/11 2:24 pm
Good luck to you,hugs to you!! 
princessfrogee
on 6/20/11 3:20 pm - AL
Thanks so much!

AmberLee72
on 6/20/11 2:28 pm
Good luck tomorrow! You will do great! I am right behind you...I go in Wed morning. I will be thinking of you tomorrow Update when you can!