I can eat salad!

bluek
on 6/21/11 1:19 pm - Austin, TX

As some of you know, I had my lapband revised to RNY about 7 weeks ago.  My band was a nightmare after the first 9 months, and there were very few things that I tolerated without fail, salad being something that NEVER worked for me.

I did have a stricture at 4 weeks, and had it dilated.  That was a hard time, because I was vomiting frequently and it scared me because it felt just like the band - everything just came right back up.  At 7 weeks, things are still pretty tight, but oh my gosh, I can eat salad!  Somehow, it actually goes down without a problem!  It feels like a miracle - I can eat something decently healthy, enjoy it, and feel "full" without vomiting! 

Just thought I'd share!  I am a "lightweight" and don't have that much to lose, but I'm already halfway there.  Hooray! 

cajungirl
on 6/21/11 1:42 pm
Good for you. I adore a good healthy salad filled with meat and cheese.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

hkailey
on 6/22/11 12:10 am
I too enjoy a good salad occassionally!  It was something I didn't think I was going to be able to enjoy again!  Great Job!

Judi J.
on 6/22/11 12:22 am - MN
congratulations! waiting to eat salad drove me crazy also. I'm glad your stricture got taken care of
scherrie50
on 6/22/11 12:47 am
I had my surgery 5/25/11 RNY and I can't wait to have salad! Honestly, I'm ready for some fresh veggies! I had canned spinach last night and it was so delicious! I'm glad for you! Enjoy!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404