Hungry?

Sunshine1965
on 6/21/11 10:44 am
I am 8 weeks out and I have found that the past few nights I feel like I could eat a horse!! I think this is just "head" hunger!  Has anyone else experienced this and if so how have you delt with this?

carly44
on 6/21/11 10:52 am - hazlet, NJ
Absolutely! I think most of is struggle with that at first. What really helped me was a deep seeded fear of vomiting!

Dee2011
on 6/21/11 10:52 am - PA
I'm going through this tonite myself.  I'm two month's out.  it's driving me crazy I just want to eat for no reason.  I even ponder at the office today as to whether I should try a hershey's bar...I didn't but I also didn't like the pondering.
Anna M.
on 6/21/11 11:38 am - Manchester, NH
Happens to me too. I know I'm not actually hungry but my fat ass wants to eat. Got a craving earlier because I think I was bored so I cleaned my bathroom. Boy is my house gonna be clean from now on lol

I do drink more fluids when head hunger hits. It helps. Hang in there!

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
tydephan
on 6/21/11 11:43 am
I find myself hungry a lot as well. I chalk it up to still being "mentally irregular."

I fight it off with a glass of 1% milk. Lots of protein and it generally keeps me full until the next meal, or until bed time.

My nutritionist wants me to get about 16oz of milk a day. So this works out well.
macjuicy
on 6/21/11 11:51 am - FL
You know how I fed my Head Hunger... I drank a Shake while watching Food Network Shows like Diners an Dives and Iron Chef beleive it or not it fed my brain and filled it Laugh but worked for me lol

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

mdolan20
on 6/21/11 1:08 pm - Brick, NJ
That's funny...2 weeks ago at 8 weeks out I got a little hungry than I had been...I had a snack before bed for a few nights and actually dropped weight....now I seem to be back to normal...who knows? Maybe hormonal or maybe you need to evaluate calories and eat a few more?
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

msjanis2000
on 6/22/11 4:50 am - NY
9 mos out and I am constantly hungry - I would have liked at least the "honeymoon" period where they said you didn't have any appetite.  I wish!
Sunshine1965
on 6/22/11 7:48 am
Thanks everyone for the feed back!  :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views