one week post op ouch! hurts drinking anything..any advice will help please

Rachael Richardson
on 6/26/11 12:44 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Surgery  was on June 20 and I am on full liquid diet.

When I drink or try to eat clear soups or broth i get a gassy painful feeling in my stomach it feels like the liquid is trapped or something.  It is very uncomfortable.  I am taking small sips.

I take prevacid once a day as prescribed by surgeon, however, they do not seem to help. 

will this stomach pain pass?  anyone else experience this?

Donna

labellavita1982
on 6/26/11 12:53 pm - Neenah, WI
Are you maybe eating or drinking too much or too fast?
LJ1972
on 6/26/11 1:13 pm - FL
I am pre-op but a friend had WLS in April. She had pain after drinking as well and found she was swallowing air even though she was sipping. It is something she recommended I "practice" even pre-op

Ms_V
on 6/26/11 1:24 pm
Ok I had this too and I realized I was drinking waaaaaaaaaaay to fast.  I really was a chugger pre-op and that person I can be no more.  Also if I do it, I burp myself like a baby and it feels better.  I don't know.......just what works for me :)
Mia H.
on 6/26/11 1:45 pm - OH
 I am having the same thing.  I am allowed to be on a bariatric soft food and I have learned the chew, chew and small bites.  I can handle that well, but drinking especially when I take pills just cause me a lot of pain.  I was a chugger also.  It's hard  to do, but we'll eventually get there. 

BugdocMom
on 6/26/11 3:14 pm - CA
I had pain like that for the first two weeks and still do sometimes for what seems like no reason. I found that diluted, super ice cold drinks did not hurt. So I keep a bottle of crystal light, mixed with almost twice the normal amount of water, in the freezer and one in the fridge. When the one in the freezer starts to get good and frosty, I drink from that one and put the other in the freezer to get frosty. I also found that there are flavors that are milder and hurt less. Crystal light white grape is easiest going down and I can't even tolerate some other flavors no matter how diluted.
JENJENWANTSTOBET
HINTHIN

on 6/26/11 6:48 pm - MI

I KNOW FOR ME I HAVE TO KEEP UP ON TALING MY GAS X EVERY 4HRS. I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, IM SORRY TO HEAR! THE LIGHT OR DIET NO CAL GATORADE HAS FELT BETTER DRINKING THAT TODAY. HOPE YOU FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. TAKE CARE

Day_dream_believer
on 6/26/11 9:44 pm
Your body is still healing.  Give it time and it will pass. 

You might try experimenting with different temperatures.  I couldn't drink anything ice cold. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics