Nutritionist Six Month Supervision

bomoni727
on 6/27/11 10:19 am - MN
 Hello All,
I am hoping that someone can address this concern that I have with your experiences.  I have worked hard and long to finally come down the stretch to possible approval for RNY surgery.  July will be my last month of supervision with my Nutritionist and after that submit to insurance for approval.  It is true that I have struggled along these last six months and it's been a good learning experience for me.  But, here's the problem.  In the last month I gained 11 pounds.  I must admit that I slipped but was horified to see how much I gained.  Did this happen to anyone else toward the end of your six months?  If so, did this affect your insurance approval at all?
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/27/11 10:33 am
I am a pre-op as well.
I believe it depends on your insurance. Maryland medicaid will not deny a person because they gained weight.

I was not required to lose any weight during my 6 month weight management. Was told by my surgeon of choice that I will lose some weight during the pre surgery diet.my goal was set 70-80 and could possibly lose an extra 10 pounds becasue of my height.

Kudos for keeping your appointments.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

boneswag
on 6/27/11 12:07 pm
I don't know aobut your situation specifically, but when I was being approved I had to show that I had five years of documented weights and something else  for 6 months that made me join weigh****chers.  i was approved and never tried to loose anything for the three months prior to approval. 
Call your insurance company and ask them jus so you can ease your mind.  I doubt it will affect it though.

curious3069
on 6/28/11 9:46 am - Newton, IL
What is your surgeon's policy on the weight gain.   My surgeon wouldn't do surgery if you weighed in at above your initial consult weight...you wouldn't be kicked out of the program or anything, your surgery would just be postponed until you met his weight loss goals.     Definitely check with your insurance company and ask them specifically for a copy of YOUR policy.     You want to make sure you get the info that applies to you and not just some general statement!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 316 views