When is it eating??

Tammy R.
on 6/29/11 12:45 am - Covina, CA
I am one week out of my revision to rny. Still on the full liquid diet. My question is when is it considered eating and not drinking? When I drink a protein shake that I'm supposed to sip on all day I thought, is that eating? Am I not supposed to drink water before and after? How do I meal plan for this stage, Especially when I can get down a protein shake and jello and water. I havent figured out when I'm full, or do you not get truely full during the liquid stage because it pretty much goes right through.

Any thoughts would be helpful
lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

Carla M.
on 6/29/11 12:53 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I can only go by what I was told. Protein shakes are considered a food, so you don't want to drink afterwards to make sure you absorb and digest the protein.
D-J
on 6/29/11 1:00 am
I had started with 3 to 4 of the med cups of shake and then wait 30 minutes and sip water as i could for another couple of hours drink another 3 or four things of shake and then water after 30 mintues,lunch time i would have 3 or 4 med cups of whatever soup i was having and then 30 minutes ou****er and so on thruout the day,,, eventually you will fit more down there then just three or four little med cups but right now everything is swollen,,measure what you eat so you don't over stuff,,i felt when i was full,,but i'm on the third week now and i can eat some foods like eggs and cottage cheese ,melba toast,,just chewed up to a applesauce consistancey
Day_dream_believer
on 6/29/11 1:15 am
I was told not to do the 30/30 rule while on the liquid diet. My main focus was to drink water, protein, and vitamins.  Protein shakes also counted towards my water for the day.   Once I switched to soft/mushy food I was to wait the 30 minutes.  FYI  my NUT didn't tell me this(or I forgot****il after I switched to mushies so I would wait 30 minutes before and after my chicken broth.    At this point you will not feel full.
Tammy R.
on 6/29/11 4:03 am - Covina, CA
That makes sense to me. I will try to get the nutritionists take on this later today when I see my doctor. I wi**** had been clearer in my booklet.
lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

mdolan20
on 6/29/11 1:56 am - Brick, NJ
 mine packet says you don't have to wait the 30 min until you are on purees :)
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

laura_vermont
on 6/29/11 2:07 am
My rule was 30 before, 60 after... and I was told to do it during liquid stage to form the habit - not that the rule really applied.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics