Nearly 4 years out and soda

mom23reds
on 6/29/11 4:39 am - Bryan, TX
I recently got a major craving for Dr. Pepper...so I bought a 20 oz bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. I finally finished the bottle today -- 3 weeks later. Yes, it took me 21+ days to finish a 20 oz bottle of soda.

You know what? It wasn't that good. Now I've tasted my taste. I'm going back to my water...

I gave up soda in July 2007. This was my first one since then. I don't think it was worth the $1.25 I spent to buy it and the 3 weeks to drink it.

Susan

Koko10
on 6/29/11 5:27 am - NC
I'm only 5 months out but I was craving so I tried diet sunkist and it hurt so bad I gave it to the kids!

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

lynnc99
on 6/29/11 5:37 am
I let some root beer go flat just to get that taste....but it wasn't as good as I remembered it to be.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/29/11 6:41 am - OH
I drink one can/glass of soda several tinmes per week... not every day, but more days than not... and, FWIW, I have found that the ONLY kind of soda that still tastes good to me is the colas (other than Diet Coke) -- Coke Zero, Cherry Coke Zero, Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi, Diet Chery Pepsi.  I used to love Diet Dr Pepper and now it just tastes funny.  Diet 7-Up and other lemon-lime sodas taste weird AND make me feel icky.  Diet root beer... just ok... and, for me, there is no point in drinking (or eating) ANYTHING that is "just ok".

Coke Zero over ice, though.... yum!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Amy R.
on 6/29/11 7:05 am
I confess to being a soda drinker too - but nowhere near as much as I was preop. I'll generally drink one a day if I have it and have had a couple of bad days where I've had two. Pre-op I drank from 6-10/day.

With you on the colas, Lora. Actually, I only drink Diet Coke or Coke Zero. Everything else just tastes funny.

For newbies: I DID wait until I was about 9 months out of surgery before I tried even a sip of pop though. Please be careful if you're gonna do it early out. It does NOT stretch your pouch, but it might be painful.
Koko10
on 6/30/11 4:49 am - NC
Yes Amy, it wast 5 months out!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 263 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views