Mushy Diet! 4th of July Receipe's Anyone??

Rachael Richardson
on 6/30/11 3:33 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Attending a 4th of July party and I wanted to bring something I can eat!  Any recipie ideas will be appreciated!! thank you...

Donna

Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/30/11 3:34 am, edited 6/30/11 3:34 am - Baltimore, MD
What do you typically eat now?

One easy, tasty thing I made early out is a layered Mexican dip. It's a total semi-homemade thing too. You get a clear bowl and do layers of refried beans (and you can get fat free ones if you like), grated cheese (I like taco blend), Greek yogurt (I flavor mine with a half packet of onion soup mix), salsa and guacamole. Layer it in any order that looks pretty to you.

To make it festive you can sprinkle more cheese on teh top and spread diced red onions and scallions over the top (people dig into it so fast they'll eat those things off quickly if you can't have them).

Mmmmmm...I think I want that on Monday!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

shoven21187
on 6/30/11 3:44 am - Saint Paul, MN
 Take a container of cottage cheese, add some cool whip (whatever kind that had less sugar), a box of strawberry sugar free jello (or orange, both are yummy), and a can of no sugar added mandarin oranges. Mix it up, and YUM!

You can switch out the flavors or fruits if you want to make it more 4th- friendly color-wise. Had all the protein of the cottage cheese and the sweet and fruity flavor. I dont know anyone who doesnt like it! And super easy!

Also, when I make it just fort myself at home I skip the cool whip, but it adds a fluffiness and a little flavor.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/30/11 3:47 am - Baltimore, MD
I am doing a "red, white and blue" parfait trifle.

A layer of flavored Greek yogurt (I'm thinking I'll make it taste like cheese cake) with layers of blueberries and sliced strawberries and some granola on top.

:) My mind is happy thinking of these things.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

macjuicy
on 6/30/11 3:45 am - FL
Im gonna make a 7 Layer Dip with all Soft / Puree Foods i can eat Maybe even a Creamy Shrimp Salad

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Mara C.
on 6/30/11 6:16 am, edited 6/30/11 6:16 am - Millbury, MA

If you can do eggs, this is great!  This receipe is from Living After WLS Digest

Healthy Deviled Eggs

Substituting yogurt for mayonnaise in classic deviled eggs brings this common buffet food to new heights. If you really want to get health-crazy, cook 18 eggs and replace six of the twelve yolks with six egg whites.

Ingredients:
12 large eggs
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Dash of hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
Pinch of salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Chopped parsley for garnish

Directions:
Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water to 1" above the eggs. Bring water just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water. Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place in a medium bowl. Discard 3 of the yolks. Set egg whites on a serving plate.

Mash yolks with a fork. Stir in yogurt, mustard, hot pepper sauce and salt. Place 1 tablespoon yolk mixture in each egg white. Sprinkle with paprika, pepper and parsley. Chill for 1 hour.

One-half of an egg is a serving: 38 calories, 1.8 grams fat, 3 grams protein and 1 gram carbohydrate. With that nutritional score I think a second serving is just fine.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics