Less than 24 hours, I am a bundle of nerves.

Shellbatronic
on 6/30/11 4:29 am - NC
I have surgery tomorrow morning at 10:30! I cant believe it's almost here. The last few days have been an emotional roller coaster. I had a meltdown on Tuesday, just crying crying crying. I don't even know why exactly I have been so upset, I'm not sad really. Just overwhelmed I guess. When I started this whole process in April I don't know if I really thought I would end up actually going through with it, like so many other things I guess I thought I would just quit.

I mentally checked out at work the last couple of days, so I took a vacation day. I met my sister for lunch at the Japanese Steakhouse, which I know is not on the liver reduction diet, I know, I know. Then I went to buy some unflavored protein powder as well as a case of Isopure drinks. Hopefully I have set myself up for a good post-op experience.

I'm scared, I'm excited, I don't even know what I am anymore. Is it tomorrow yet? I'm so grateful for this community, thanks for understanding.

cajungirl
on 6/30/11 5:12 am
You'll be in my thoughts.  Try to relax you are in for an amazing year.  Something I am glad I did was take my measurements before surgery so when the weight loss is slow or stalled you can measure and know you are losing inches.  Also if you haven't yet take a before pictures and keep the outfit you used for those pictures.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Shellbatronic
on 6/30/11 5:15 am - NC
Wow, thanks! Can you believe that really hadn't occurred to me? I think I'm conditioned to not measure myself!

BugdocMom
on 6/30/11 5:45 am - CA
You are supposed to be a bundle of nerves! It's perfectly normal to be excited, anxious, nrevous, even scared. You will be fine! And tomorrow, they will give you a sedative that will help you believe that ;)

You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Be sure to  get up and about as soon as possible after surgery to get that gas out and get those intestines working. It will make a big difference in your recovery. Let us know how it goes as soon as you're feeling up to it!

Best wishes!
Genet

kmiller4
on 6/30/11 6:04 am
Good luck!  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm next Tuesday and I'm a bundle of nerves too. I start my liquid diet this weekend.
D-J
on 6/30/11 6:19 am
you'll do just fine,,,i know it,,,you'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery,,,just remember,,walk ,walk ,walk,,, sip, sip, sip,,,and breath into that thingy they give ya',,it will also help move that gas down,,Good luck tomorrow darlin'
Zombie
on 6/30/11 6:26 am
Its ok to be nervous but you have nothing to worry about. I remember when they were prepping me they started talking to me and I was like Ah huh, and stuff and next thing I knew I was in the recovery room waking up. They must have put me under when they were talking to me, so I never had time to feel anything let alone nervousness. You're gonna do great! Keep us posted and good luck!

~Paul~

Weighting2Bskinny
on 6/30/11 6:43 am
Praying for you now. Good luck! I know you will be fine!

GOD BLESS YOU            
sweetpotato1959
on 6/30/11 9:45 am
 Get all your instructions and guidelines in writing and make a copy to put up for later reference... what you get out will get ragged!... take care of yourself,  take a deep soaking bath, before you take all the other stuff you have to take...take a short walk...just relax... try not to dwell on the past, but center on the  present and  your hopes and dreams  for the future and your ability  that will be gained as you loose weight.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 379 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 472 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 8 views
Recent Topics