Stage 2 post op diet and NO MEAT

lovinme4ever
on 7/1/11 8:28 am
I have been on stage 2 for 8 days and I am so over it. When I went to the doctor's 8 days ago I thought for sure that he was going to put me on straight up stage two. To my surprise I am on stage 2 but can not eat meats still. Grrrr....I will wait, of course, because I don't want to mess anything up but I am SUPER sick of the foods that I am allowed to have and getting most of my protein from shakes (I am over the shakes for the moment

BTW - my doctor has his patients on stage 2 for 4 weeks.

Just thought I would vent...
Lovinme4ever    
nbw
on 7/1/11 10:07 am
 i understand what you're saying. My doctor had me on stage 2 for 2 weeks stage 3 for 4 weeks. Both stages were the same except for adding cream soup. I am 5 weeks out and decided today to advance myself to stage 4 which is soft foods. I just over cooked some pasta and had a few pieces. So far so good. I was told only moist chicken or pork in the next stage. Some people say they can't eat meat for months. Good luck to you
boneswag
on 7/1/11 10:23 am

Is pasta really on your diet plan?  I didn't eat pasta for about 13 months after surgery when I was below my goal weight.  Careful with carbs.   My 2 cents......

lovinme4ever
on 7/1/11 10:39 am
Fortunately for me I am not a big pasta person and never have been. Pasta is not something I miss or have any desire to eat. I just want some fish or beef or chicken. I think as long as I stay active that I can quickly get past this part of this stage.
Lovinme4ever    
nana2boys
on 7/1/11 3:00 pm
My surgeon has whole wheat pasta on my approved food list for week 7
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?