What are you doing/eating today...Saturday

azurepenguin
on 7/1/11 9:31 pm - Arlington, TX
Hey all!

I don't know about anyone else but holiday weened = party = need for extra accountability for me.  I need to post my plan and STICK to it.

This morning we are having our WLS support group.  Always fun (but dangerous as we meet at the Central Market cafe...think Trader Joe's but expensive!)  Then we have a party tonight.  I'm baking protein cookies for the Central Market meeting regular, old fashioned, evil for us cupcakes for the party tonight.  I also need to put together a batch of my black bean/corn salsa.

My food plan today is pretty basic:
B: Protein shake and a protein cookie
L: Protein shake
D: Grilled something at the party tonight

Have a great day. 
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

KarenCee
on 7/1/11 10:47 pm - GA
Meh...no party for me.  Hubby works six days a week...I have homework to do so I'll be online most of the day doing that.  School may be out for me but college classes do not stop, not until December.  I'm on my liquid diet at the moment (BLECH already) and having a wee moment of self-pity but I know the outcome is surgery and the beginning of the NEW ME.  Still...

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!!
Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.  —David Haselkorn

azurepenguin
on 7/1/11 11:02 pm - Arlington, TX
 Karen-  You get extra gold stars for homework AND liquid diet.

Stay positive when you can and lean on your support network when you stumble.  You have a great attitude and that is a big step toward success.  When is your surgery?
KarenCee
on 7/1/11 11:11 pm - GA
I'm scheduled for July 13 so it's getting closer!  Thanks for the positive words...it sucks to have homework BUT that degree is only a year and a half away.  I do have a great support system and I know I can do this
Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.  —David Haselkorn

Kelly S.
on 7/1/11 11:08 pm
Good Morning!  I am working all weekend and that's okay because I know that it's not forever. Once they replace me I will be back to a regular M-F workweek at my new job...

PreB: iced coffee
B: egg and cheese wrap then 1/4 of a bagel w/veggie cream cheese
L: the hamburger in a pita I I didn't eat yesterday
D: ? not sure

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

azurepenguin
on 7/1/11 11:12 pm - Arlington, TX
 You get extra gold stars too, Kelly!  I hope they find a replacement for you soon.
Mary B.
on 7/1/11 11:32 pm - Southern, MD
Morning everyone!
Dont usually post on the weekend, but Im also feeling the need for extra support today and this weekend.

Heading out to the grocery store to make desserts for a cookout tomorrow, then making a birthday dinner (braciole, sauteed peas&onions and cannoli). Im going to "accidentally" forget the bread but everything else I should be fine with. I doubt I'll have cannoil cause its already making me dump just thinking about it.

At the cookout, I know there will be grilled meats and at least veggie trays. The hard part will be the chips and crap.

After the store, I'll be lounging at the pool today and baking later.

Todays eats Im planning:

Coffee
Arnold Double Protein bread w/ Skippy Natural
Greek Yogurt "parfait" with fresh strawberries and Kashi Go Lean Crunch
Taking a protein bar and carrot sticks to the pool so I dont eat the crap mom will bring
Grilled chicken and tomato gratin for dinner

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and celebrate your independence!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

azurepenguin
on 7/2/11 2:31 am - Arlington, TX
 Do you use premade cannoli shells or do you bake your own.?

I created an amazing cannoli filling but I've never baked the shells.  If you do your own I'd LOVE the recipe!

(pss...make a batch of filling with Splenda or Truvia and SF mini chocolate chips and you can have that.  Who needs the shell anyway)
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/11 5:29 am - OH
Today is one of my periodic "free" days when I can eat whatever I want.  I am taking both dogs to a cookout at my brother and SIL's house and plan to eat just a wee bit of almost everything they serve!  Then, tomorrow, back to my usual menu.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

on 7/2/11 6:42 am - OR

I had 10oz of isopure clear this AM.. not a fan of the melon flavor :P  on our way to the outlets.. figure if I need to walk, I might as well walk somewhere I enjoy! And 20oz of water while there and on the way home, SF jello.. and soon some broth w/unflavored protein.  Will hop on the treadmill tonight during a guilty pleasure show for minimum of 1 mile!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics