not loosing weight

Tammy R.
on 7/4/11 2:40 am - Covina, CA
In the first week I lost 14lbs and this week nothing. Whats going on. I get enough liquids and working on protein. My favorite thing to drink is skim milk. Is that hurting my sucess?

BTW how do I change my ticker to reflect all my weight lost?
lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

Stephanie M.
on 7/4/11 2:43 am - Los Angeles, CA
 That's normal. Don't worry about your body not losing weight this week, it will pick up soon. I would try drinking different things, that way you can test your body to see if the milk isn't working. (I think I might be lactose intolerant, so I think milk might be not helpful for me).

If you go to tools at the top of the screen, and body tracker you can type in your new weight. 

Steph

sherylbrown
on 7/4/11 3:02 am - MN
My surgeon recommended 2 glasses of skim milk a day. Others don't drink it because it is actually high in sugar. Don't know how much you're drinking. I drink alot of crystal light.
Sheryl    
Day_dream_believer
on 7/4/11 4:48 am
14 pounds in one week is incredable.  20 pounds the first month is average.   It is very normal to have weeks where you don't lose as much.    I stalled from weeks 2-3.  How many glasses of milk are you drinking?  Skim milk is 90 cal. a cup.  One or two should be OK, but if you are drinking 8 cups  that is 720 calories. 

Tammy R.
on 7/4/11 6:00 am - Covina, CA
Probably 2-4 glasses a day but I see your point

TamaraL
on 7/4/11 5:14 am
Like others said you may not lose every week.  The average weight loss is 20 pounds the first month.  I think I lost like 19 pounds.

Keep in mind that the average weight loss is 3-5 pounds/week.  I did not drink milk for a long time because it really was not worth it to me because of the calories and sugar.  I drank a lot of protien shakes the first few weeks.  How many grams of protien are you getting??  You should aim for 60.  IF you are drinking milk, add protien to it so its worth drinking. 

Tamara

Tammy R.
on 7/4/11 6:01 am - Covina, CA
Good idea.

Holly O.
on 7/4/11 9:05 am - FL
I am 3 weeks out on Wednesday.........I stalled out last week, no biggy!!  Just remind yourself it is a process, you lost 14 lbs. the first week............awesome........I lost 8 the first week and it's starting to pick up again now.  When I saw  surgeon at 1 week out they had me up my protein from 60 g. a day to 80 g. and that got things moving again.  Hang in there!!
   Holly                                      
Tammy R.
on 7/7/11 2:15 am - Covina, CA
Maybe I'll try to up my protein. I've been stalled now for three days. I really thought it would come off faster.

Sarah R.
on 7/5/11 1:11 am
It will be 2 months for me on 7/9. I lost 30 pounds the first month and then up until this week I had lost zero weight. Today I stepped on scale and it was done a couple finally. No need to panic though....during those 3-4 weeks I didnt loose I was still loosing inches. Our bodies are going at such a rapid pace that it just needs a little break once in a while to catch its breath

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics