Nightime eating

TJN66
on 7/5/11 9:18 pm - Elmira, NY
Good Morning,
I seem to have a problem here.  With my MD's office being closed I do not have a dietician to ask these questions so I am turning to all of you.
My eating is becoming an issue.  My pouch does not like to be fed in the morning and sometimes all day.  I force a protein shake down in the am, by 10 to 11 am I will eat a cheese stick, then around 1 some lunch.  Lunch is usually cottage cheese, boiled egg, some wasabi peas, or leftovers from dinner.  Very small portions.  By the time dinner gets here my pouch isnt so angry but it still doesnt want to really eat much.  So I eat dinner then feel sick.
Its around 7 or 8 that she comes to life.  I want to snack on stuff until I go to bed.  I try to make good choices but somedays I just dont.  I have not gained any weight back but I am terribly worried once the honeymoon period is over I will.

Do you have any suggestions for me?  I have been trying to grab water, tea and liquids when I feel the need to eat at night.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
I want my tool to work for the rest of my life and not regain my weight.  I keep hearing in my head all these people saying before surgery "you'll just gain the weight back."  I do not want to do that!
Anyway...anyone have any ideas for me?
Thank you so much =)
Tammy       250 presurg/160 surgeons goal
                  130 my goal/130 currently

macjuicy
on 7/5/11 10:28 pm, edited 7/5/11 10:29 pm - FL
Popcicles or save a cold shake before bed

Good Luck

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Zeigled
on 7/5/11 10:32 pm - Parkton, MD
On that same note - I froze the protein drinks into popsicles (Atkins Rich Dark Chocolate)  - that would get you your protein and still be on the plan.
Zeigled
on 7/5/11 10:33 pm - Parkton, MD
Also - love your kitty avatar....one of yours?
poet_kelly
on 7/6/11 1:03 am - OH
Well, a couple of things come to mind for me.

If you're not eating much in the daytime, then eating in the evening shouldn't really be a problem.  As long as you're getting the right amount of protein and calories, I don't see how it matters what time you eat them.

If the night time eating is making you eat too much, though, that's a different matter.  What I try to do when I'm really in the mood to snack is to choose really low cal stuff.  If I want something crunchy, baby carrots often work well.  If I want sweet, sugar free popsicles work pretty well.  Warm drinks with lots of flavor also help, like herbal tea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

justjenna
on 7/6/11 3:14 am - ID
I am pre-op so I have very little to offer a vet.  First, congratulations on the weight loss.  You have done teriffic!  Which can remind you that YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.
As to night eating:  well, there I am a qualified expert.  LOL Just today I consciously realized - altho I probably knew all along - that night eating for me is definately associated with watching TV.  Gonna try weaning myself from mindless TV watching along with all the rest,

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics