Essure

nweeks621
on 7/6/11 8:00 am - Stockton, CA
I have an appointment for the essure sterilization day after tomorrow.. curious if any one else has had this and what your experience was...

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/6/11 8:10 am

I had it done 2-4 years before RNY.  I was one of the few first in my clinic. They were still learning. ouch... and then double ouch.

After that I had a lot of cramps... but I was told to take Advil.  a few of them... That helped. 

Post op RNY - make sure you have some good pain killers - becuase tylenol may not cut it. 
Some women barely feel anything, while others cramp like crazy... I was in the second group. 

But it was worth it. I think.  I could not tolerate the BC pills.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

facethemusic
on 7/6/11 8:43 am
I haven't had it done, but my sister did.  She cramped really bad for about a week afterward.  I would definitely make sure you ask for pain meds. 
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

nweeks621
on 7/6/11 10:04 am - Stockton, CA
thanks for  the input i think im gonna hold off for a while..i think my body needs a rest
c5felsspirit
on 7/6/11 12:33 pm - lake cormorant, MS
For what its worth. Some women hurt,some don't. It is well worth it if you can tolerate doing it.  I have heard it is well worth doing ESSURE instead of surgery.

You will have to take some form of birth control for 3 months afterwards. You MUST have the hysterosalpingogram to verify the procedure worked.
Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views