Switching doctors

Stacy4442
on 7/7/11 12:13 pm
Hello everyone,

I lost my job this week and with it, my insurance.  I am okay through the end of the month but when I get a new job and my insurance changes, how do I change surgeons?  They follow every three months at this point and I can't afford to pay out of pocket.  Has anyone else faced this?

poet_kelly
on 7/7/11 12:59 pm - OH
How do you change surgeons?  Just like you'd change PCPs or dentists.  You find out what surgeons are covered by your new insurance plan, then call them up and see if they are taking new patients.

Yeah, I changed surgeons when the guy that did my surgery closed his practice.  I just made a couple phone calls and found one that was taking new patients and took my insurance, then made an appointment to see if I liked her.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kim H.
on 7/7/11 10:08 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
You could also stay with your current insurance through COBRA if you want to. Just a thought. Good luck!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 206 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 397 views
Recent Topics