Each of the last two days I gained a pound

Tammy R.
on 7/10/11 2:03 am - Covina, CA

I know I probably shouldnt weight myself everyday but I want to make sure the scale keeps going down or at least stays the same. I'm only on a pureed diet and having a little trouble with protein since I'm SICK of protein drinks. I am eating more protien but its hard to track, at least with the drinks you know exactly how much you're getting.

The only other thing that is different is its my TOM. Could that be causing the strange weight gain?

Any suggestions how to shed these unwanted pounds?

lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

Lori P.
on 7/10/11 2:10 am - Kenosha, WI
You just had surgery....there is no way you CAN'T lose weight.  For your own samity....stay off the scale for awhile toavoid seeing the day to day fluid shifts!

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Bettisima
on 7/10/11 2:15 am
In order to gain a pound, true addition of body mass, you need to eat an additional 3500 calories. Have you done that, in a single day?

Throw the scale away or hide it somewhere for a month. Our bodies retain water, which will show on a scale, but are not a reflection of poor food choices specifically or over eating. TOM can push anywhere from 3 to 6 pounds, that will come off as fast as they appeared.

I understand we have had weight loss surgery, and darn it, we want to see weight loss. But did you weigh every day before surgery? You might have seen similar cycles for gain and loss of fluids. And TOM.

Sorry, but I believe that scales are evil, and should beused sparingly. Track your intake of food, liquid and vitamins daily and weigh no more than every two weeks. It will help the mental stress of this journey.
Tammy R.
on 7/10/11 10:03 am - Covina, CA
Unfortunately, yes I have been checking everyday. a few days ago I was stalled for three days, then suddenly 2 pounds gone the next day, then yesterday a pound was back, then today another. Hmmm. I know it sounds crazy. I;m so scared its only been nearly 3 weeks since surgery.
lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

Shellbatronic
on 7/10/11 4:46 am - NC
My boyfriend hid my scale a few days after my surgery and I was so, so mad at first. Now though, I'm grateful to not be obsessing about it because I know that's what I do, analyze every single pound and variation multiple times a day. I think it makes me more impatient as well, because I just want the numbers to go down so bad!

I would physically remove the scale and wait to weigh until your followup doctor visit. Until then, try on pretty clothes in your closet and you can tell so much more easily when stuff feels baggier or fits better. Admire yourself! Don't stress the numbers, you'll get there

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 416 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404