Bummed!!!

Tracy M.
on 7/10/11 1:19 pm - KY
I haven't lost a lb in over a week. Im drinking 2 protein shakes a day to be sure and get my protein in and I eat a little food in between. It's nothing substantial so it shouldn't stop the weight loss. I am less than 4 months out and I hope the weightloss hasn't stopped. I have read that you will lose the first 6 months no matter what. I can't eat but a few bites anyway. The worst things I have eaten is a couple of peanut butter and crackers and a roll once. I know they are no nos but I was hungry and had to eat something. What do you all suggest I do to kick this weight loss back in? I was thinking I could drink a shake in the morning and one at night and eat a yogurt in between for a meal and maybe some lunchmeat and cheese too. I am thinking I am not getting enough calories.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

poet_kelly
on 7/10/11 2:35 pm - OH
It's normal to go for a week or two (or three or four) from time to time without losing weight.  I think you're right, though, it does sound like you're not getting enough calories.  I know it sounds backwards, but if you don't eat enough calories, your body gets scared it's going to starve and then it holds on to everything.

I can guarantee you, though, that you have not stopped losing at less than four months out.  If stalls stress you out, give yourself a break and stay off the scale.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mrs♥Toochi

on 7/10/11 4:49 pm
Dont worry  Tracy ... I will be 6 months post op on July 18th and I have hit a few stalls. Its perfectly normal.It is just what our body does. It will start coming off again.. No worries girlie!!
Cheryl Allan
on 7/10/11 11:21 pm - Canada
I am 31/2 months out and stall allll the time, in fact only one week a month I loose weight, I dont think you are having enough calories by the sounds of it, plan out your day write down all your food and intake, journal it all and see what you are actually getting in, up your calories if need be making them protein of course but document everything so you can look back and see what you need to change......
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?