Surgiversary 142 pounds down!

plum21
on 7/12/11 12:04 am - Miami, FL
 Hello everyone,
I feel terrific. Everything is going great. One of the several reasons I got this surgery was because I had a friend who had gotten it and she said, it was so awesome being a size four for 4 years. She's gained some weight back since then and had a baby, but I couldn't imagine anything near being a size four, and I'm still no where near a size four, but I can buy normal clothes in normal stores. My pants are size 10/12 and my tops are M or L. I still have 25 pounds to go to my goal of 150 and I hope to reach that goal by the end of the year.

The changes I've made have been drastic, and not just physically. I was never an exerciser, but I started running last fall and ran 5 miles every day until this summer when it got too hot so now I swim either a mile and a half or two miles every morning.
And I love it. I get up early - the pool opens at 6:45. I go there after I've walked my dog a mile and a half.

The fitbit has fed my obsession with numbers and metrics and keeping track of every little thing. I'm embarrassed that I need that feedback, some days, if I forget my fitbit, I think, what's the point of walking. I always park far away from my destination and never complain about not being close to something, I'm always thrilled to sneak in a few extra steps.

I'm happier, more confident, feel like I fit better in the world. I've had zero problems, take my vitamins every day, drink my water and get my protein. I go to a monthly support meeting. 

My weightloss has certainly slowed down and while I only lost 4 pounds last month - I also lost four inches on my waistline. Not too shabby.

This weight loss has been super easy and v. gratifying. 
I hope you all have as smooth a journey as I have.
HW - 317
SW - 306
CW - 175
GW 150

Kim S.
on 7/12/11 1:06 am - Helena, AL
Congratulations!  Sounds like you've had an experience similar to mine.  I'm an exercise junkie now....my family thinks I'm addicted.....I told them if exercising 6 hours a week is addicted, then exactly what do they call the 20+ hours they sit in front of a TV?  That was a nice cup of shut up juice for them!

Enjoy your success!!

Kim

plum21
on 7/12/11 2:20 am - Miami, FL
 I've seen you post on here before - thanks for your comment. 
I can't believe how much I'm enjoying exercising and seeing what my body can do. 
Physical activities had never interested me much in the past.
Love it.
 I look forward to reading more posts by you.
Cheers,

Jenny_D
on 7/12/11 2:54 am - Canton, GA
Congratulations on your success and more importantly on your lifestyle change! You sound so happy. Keep up the great work!

I hope I can be as successful and happy as you are one year from now. Way to go!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

fiveholts714
on 7/12/11 5:38 am - St. George, UT
You need to repost this everyday so people who feel discouraged can be uplifted!
dasie
on 7/12/11 5:52 am
Your story is inspiring.  You have worked so hard and have joyfully embraced all the life changing habits we all need to acquire.  Congratulations.

cmcd1070
on 7/12/11 6:10 am - denver, CO
I love your exercise regimen, I am envious! I wish I had a pool to mix it up on my off-hiking days due to rain. I'm hoping to start endurance running soon. Great post, thanks for sharing!! :)

plum21
on 7/12/11 9:44 am - Miami, FL
 I would love to hike in the mountains - let's swap!
Grass is always greener....
orangecrushed
on 7/12/11 6:29 am - Triad, NC
So good to hear this!  Congratulations on your life makeover. :)

I am pre-op, and am not able to really exercise much right now due to some physical limitations, but I am soooo looking forward to that changing when the weight starts to drop off.  I set some goals for myself that include running a 5K next year (not walking), so your story is an inspiration!  Thank you so much for sharing!

Nic

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views