herbal life

MariaIsHappy
on 7/12/11 1:29 pm
I have a family member that has recently become a rep. for herbal life and she is pushing this product on me... protein shakes / supplements...does anyone use these or have any knowledge of the Herbal life products

Also... this family member is unaware of my RNY... personal choice of mine to keep it a secret.

any reply is appreciated........

XOXO
Maria

poet_kelly
on 7/12/11 2:04 pm - OH
I googled.  Looks like their shakes only have nine grams of protein per serving (and one serving is TWO scoops of powder).  I don't see the point in using a protein shake with that little protein.  If all you need is nine grams of protein, just drink one glass of skim milk.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/13/11 1:20 am
It may be good for a "normal person". But even then it is rather expensive, IMO.
Just follow your gut instinct.  Don't get them. BTW: most of their multi are designed for a normal person, and some of the vits and minerals - we can't absorb (i.e. vit A as Beta carotene)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/13/11 1:42 am - Belleville, IL
I agree with everyone else...I researched into Herbalife one time..
For an RNY post op it just really does not have anything positive to offer when you can get so much better nutrition from any of the (Whey Isolate) protein powders like Pure Protein, Body Fortress, etc.

If you are wanting to add something "healthy" to your protein intake, get some Hemp Protein (you can buy it from Amazon even) it has alot of good green metabolite.

My favorite "Just Ducky Smoothie":

1/2 banana
1/4 cup frozen (or fresh) Blueberries
8-10oz of either SKIM milk or SOY milk
1 Scoop of High protein pwder (Vanilla) like Body Fortress or Pure Protein or Jay Robb
1 Scoop Hemp Protein powder
1 splash Sugar Free Torani (or DaVinci) syrup of your choice
1/2 tsp of ground Cinnamon. (TRUE cinnamon helps regulate insulin and blood sugars and really helps spikes. Great for people who are either Reactive Hypoglycemic or who don't eat regularly!)

Blend all this together for about 30 second in an electric blender. Then add about 1/2 cup crushed ice (or 3-5 ice cubes). Blend some more for about 1 minute.
These are AWESOME and provide about 60grams of protein per serving (I use one of these before my workout at the gym). The Hemp Powder adds some wonderful phytobutrients that you cannot get anywhere else (unless you are taking a ton of different antioxident pills).

Good luck and enjoy!
Warmly,
Jackie

lynnc99
on 7/13/11 2:53 am
Just be frank and tell her you have to stick with the brands that your doctor recommends. She needn't know the details. Next thing she'll be selling Tupperware.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views