One week post-op today...

shesha81
on 7/12/11 11:40 pm - Gardner, MA
And I am down 13.2 lbs I was not expecting that but it really made me quite happy for one week that is more than double what I was ever able to accomplish in the past, but damn I cant wait to be off of only liquids I am gagging on them at this point, how much carnation can one person drink?, but I will push through it!! It will all be worth it in the end.
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/11 11:52 pm - TX
I was never able to do carnation at the beginning, it had way too much sugar. Is it bothering you?

Good job for the first week!! You'll feel better when you can start eating some eggs, beans, and yogurt.
LizShort
on 7/13/11 12:03 am - NC
 I had the same problem and I am only 2 weeks out.  Two weeks today as a matter of fact YAY!!!!  I had the worst time, I was depressed and miserable.  Nothing tasted good and the thought of drinking another meal made me want to cry.  I have done a lot of hiding in the last few weeks because I can't face the food.  What really helped me was to get greek yogurt and thin it with skim milk.  I thinned it so it was still substansial, but not so thick my spoon stood on its own.  I also mixed in peanut butter and unjury protein powder.  It was easier to get down, but it was still pretty horrid.  I've graduated to the mushies.  

Do your best not to think about what it is you are drinking.  If your surgeon OK's a straw (increased air with your fluids is why mine said no) it is easier to get it into your throat with out having to taste it.

I feel your pain.  You are not alone.  Call your NUT and see if there is something else you can add to make your life worth living again LOL :)

shesha81
on 7/13/11 12:04 am - Gardner, MA
Yeah it is not bothering me cause of the sugar, it is the no added sugar one, that is what my surgeons plan calls for exclusively for 3 weeks post op, unless it is not tolerated then they allow you to pick from a list of about 7 other items. Oh well at least the taste is not that bad.
inocntdevil19
on 7/13/11 1:19 am - sylvania , OH
I could not stand the carnation drinks.
my drs didnt care what protein shake we used as long as it met certain requirements.  I LOVED unjury it tasted like a chocolate malt.  maybe look into switching protein shakes.  it needs to be whey protein with atleast 15 grams of protein per serving my unjury has 20 for one scoop of powder. 
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics