Will I ever be able to eat sushi again?

megan cruz
on 7/14/11 2:34 pm - CO
So Im a total sushi ***** and have been craving it for soooooo long..granted I understand I am 3 weeks post op and stillon mushies...but will I ever be able to eat sushi again? help me Oh vets! PLEASE!
Proudtobaloser
on 7/14/11 2:40 pm - Fayetteville, NC
My bestie had hers last November and she eats sushi. It isnt whether or not you can, it is will you want to. Remember tastes change, what you enjoyed in the old body may not be enjoyed in the new body.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

missjann
on 7/14/11 4:57 pm, edited 7/14/11 4:57 pm
You will eventually be able to eat just about everything..give it some time.  At almost
7 months out, I'm just tolerating most all meats and very small amounts of rice. I can
eat most anything now and had my very first "steak".  You'll get there....be patient. 
Good luck!
    Jan

Pamela S.
on 7/14/11 11:11 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Yes. I eat it all the time.
Mary B.
on 7/14/11 11:15 pm - Southern, MD
YES!!!

I cant do the big rolls anymore cause its just too much rice. I can only do one bite, but shashimi, calimari salad, seaweed salad and the small rolls...with the seaweed on the outside...those are ok for me. YUM!! 
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

ShrinkingJoe
on 7/14/11 11:48 pm
I was able to eat true sushi, mealing with rice, at 8 weeks.  Rice has not bothered me -- some people can't tolerate it.  As soon as my plan allowed, I think it was around 4 weeks, I started eating sushimi tuna, which went down great.  Raw tuna, which tastes like candy, has almost no calories and tons of protein.

Like many people, I have been avoiding sushi products from Japan since the Fukushima disaster.  It is a shame -- the best sushi fish and rice come from Japan...

T. Deeds
on 7/15/11 12:33 am
Yes!  I had sushi at 6 weeks out!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 12:51 am - RI
My father had RNY in 2008...and sushi is his favorite & always was. I'm not exactly sure when he started to eat it again....but I do know he eats it all the time!
cajungirl
on 7/15/11 12:59 am
I eat it just can't eat much at a time.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 1:05 am - TX
I started eating sushi at about 8 weeks out without the rice. We have several sushi restaurants that make "riceless" rolls (they have cucumber or crab on the outside) and they are so good!! I am 4.5 months out now and I can eat the regular sushi with rice, but I usually opt for sashimi or the hand roll (all tuna, high in protein) because I'll only eat 3 pieces of a regular sized roll.

I know at three weeks it seems you'll never have anything you want again, but truthfully by three months out I could eat almost anything I wanted in small quantities. I don't eat fried food or pasta; and I haven't tried stuff like raw broccoli and cauliflower, but I've been eating salads and most meats for weeks. You will get there!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics