All for a crust of bread...

Sasrah1972
on 7/15/11 12:48 am - NY
I was terrified...but I did it.

I ate a crust (hard, dry) of whole wheat bread at a restaurant today.  I was feeling frustrated because the only thing I could eat on the menu was a cold yogurt soup, of which I only ate about half, but I decided to go for a crust of bread.

Chewed SUPER carefully, and it went down easily. So much so that I ate the crust of the whole piece of bread (it was pretty small).

In all honesty, it didn't taste as good as I remember bread tasting...I'm 8 weeks out and feel like in a way that I've forgotten what bread tastes like. Which is OK, since I was for sure a carboholic.

Thanks to those of you who shared your adventures around 8 weeks, as it gave me the courage to try something new....

Have a great weekend, ya'll!
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

Lisa R.
on 7/15/11 1:39 am - CA
I am 10 weeks out, and last weekend I went to a wedding and they had a buffet.  You could get chicken or beef.  When I looked at the chicken it had the color and look of fish, which I love fish, but there is something not right about chicken that LOOKS like fish. My doctor has not given me the green light for beef yet, but I see so many people here who eat beef with less time out, so I went for the beef.

Did all the same things, chewed it to death, ate slow and in the end I felt fine.  I won't do it everyday but I do try things that I feel I am ready for.  I had a few bites of rice one night.  It did fine too.

Sometimes I am afraid that I can eat too many things and nothing really bothers me.  I see people on here and they can't eat anything near what I can and they are 3 months out.  Sometimes I wish I were them and my pouch rejected things, but then other times I am glad that I can eat many things I just have to learn to control my own choices, which really is everyones goal in the end.

Do you feel like that too? 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics