half way, a tennis class, and some other stuff

gochristy1971
on 7/14/11 7:50 am - CA
Before I had surgery, and when I met with the psychologist, she asked me what I expected to lose with this surgery.  I responded saying that I'd be happy to lose 100 pounds.  I just hit 52 pounds gone.  I am not quite 4 months out.  Now, I'm wondering if I will be happy to stay at "just" 100 pounds gone???  I don't know.  I don't have a magical number, either scale or clothing size, that I am striving for.  What I want is a healthier weight than 317, where I feel good doing anything I want to do.

One of the things I've been afraid to do because of my size is learn to play tennis.  I am now enrolled in a tennis class at City College that starts next month.  I may not be Wimbledon material, but I'm going to have fun!

Also, I have an interview next week for a promotion within my current employment.  I'm so glad I'm at least where I am now, weight-wise, as I feel somewhat more confident than I would have 52 pounds ago.

Ok, that is all I wanted to say!  Thanks for reading!
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
GastricKitty
on 7/14/11 8:08 am - VA
Congrats on your halfway mark! 100 pounds doesn't have to be your ultimate goal, just your first goal. After you hit 100 you can re-evaluate and set a new goal. It doesn't have to be a scale number or clothing size. It can be "Be able t run x miles" or "complete a marathon" or "swim x laps" and etc.

Have fun playing tennis! It's a fun way to exercise. They say to find something you like and keep it up so that your exercise isn't a chore - it's fun!

Good luck on your interview! I hope you get your promotion. :)
Rebecca H.
on 7/14/11 10:59 am
52 lbs gone.... that is great! I'm down 30 lbs since surgery. Can't wait until I can say I've lost 50 lbs. woo hoo !
tennis ..... oh yes, mucho fun !!
good luck on the interview..... more confidence in yourself, what a great feeling!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 379 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404