I feel stupid when it comes to this journey Rant Again Sorry

Kim M.
on 7/18/11 11:38 am - NC
First of all, I'm almost a month out.  I'm fed up with my DH, telling me what I can eat and what I can't.  He's a fanatic when it comes to working out.  He is constantly on me about getting my exercise in, and watching what I'm eating/drinking.  Which is very little.  I feel as though I don't care if I eat or not.  What do I need to be eating at this stage,  protein=65oz water=70oz two chewable BA vits.  Sf jello, sf pudding, sf popsicals and pureed cream soups.  I get told I'm eating too much WTH I feel like I might get less than 600 calories a day.

To top this off I am being told by him he wants me out of his house, like right now. What am I SUPPOSE TO DO????
Kim    
immafatgirl
on 7/18/11 11:41 am - KY
put his ass out . i couldnt stand that man *****in all the time.
Anna M.
on 7/18/11 11:48 am - Manchester, NH
HIS house? If you are married isn't it your house too? Im sorry but I'd tell him to eff off. It sounds like he is very controlling concerning what you eat and do. Has he always been this way about other things?

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
princessfrogee
on 7/18/11 2:17 pm - AL
First of all, sorry to hear about the troubles with the hubs.  If he hasnt' always been like this, it could be a little bit of jealousy.  Right now the focus is on you for your surgery and what you can/cannot eat and looks like you have already lost some good weight.  He may be worried how you will be when you get skinny.  I would just firmly tell him that YOU KNOW what you can/cannot eat and that if you overeat then you will be the one paying for it because from what I have heard, your body (pouch) will DEFINITELY be telling you about it. 

I am about a week ahead of you out from surgery.  My Dr was more lenient on what I could eat when than most others on OH.  I was on a full liquid diet from the hosp., at one wk post-0p apt he said to try soft foods for the next wk like scrambled egg, cottage cheese, etc and as long as i tolerated those, I could work in other foods as I can tolerate them.  So far I have tolerated everything I have tried, for that I am so thankful.  Go by what your Dr has told you for his plan though and you can reitterate that to the hubs as well.  Tell him your Dr has ok'd this or that.  My Dr never gave me a calorie limit to go by, of course it is common sense to keep it low, just don't know what that number should be, but I bet if you enter that in the OH search there is a post somewhere talking about what others go by.  Also you will find that sometimes you can only eat a few bites of some food and others you can eat a 1/2 c or a full cup.  All depends on what you are eating and if it is full of liquid like soups vs. more solid food.  Always measure out your food so that you keep that habit later down the road.  Hope that helps.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 249 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?