Four year surgiversary

Jupiter6
on 7/20/11 6:24 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
...was three days ago and I forgot. Shows how much I think about it anymore!

We were asked to do a fashion show at our surgeon's, but I don't believe in that-- selling surgeries for how you will look seems like a very bad idea, and I don't want to be anyone's role model because my mileage varied a lot-- nearly croaked, lost to goal, and had no bounceback, and $33k worth of plastics-- so most people ain't gon' look like me--- none of these are typical in my experience, so instead I am gonna stay home and eat my steak, corn onna cob, pumpkin custard, raspberry shake and fudgecicles....and peanut butter fluffernutter! ( I still like to eat!)

In any case, 4 years out. Still kickin'.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

waitinggame
on 7/20/11 6:38 am - Bowie, MD
Good to see you Shari! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Happy Belated Surgiversary!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

siberiancat
on 7/20/11 7:58 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Hi Shari - Happy 4th surgiversary 

I'm recovering from my 1st (and maybe last) round of plastics.  Fleur de lis abdominoplasty and brachioplasty 7 weeks ago.  Tissue necrosis in TT with large "open wound" to irrigate and dress twice a day - wearing compression garments and 8# weight restriction.  Now I'm a little "scared" to have thigh and butt work done - don't want to go through this again - these wounds heal so slowly (from the inside - out).

Really happy with arms - they look good as yours!  Flat belly, too - just a hole in it!

Miss you - keep dropping by once in a while.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/20/11 11:23 pm
ouch... Glad that you are in a good spirit..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

azreggie
on 7/20/11 8:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Congrats Shari!  Good to see you.

Reggie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/20/11 8:09 am - OH
Good to hear from you (we miss you)!  Congrats... and enjoy the meal. 

I think it is very sensitive of you not to want to present yourself as a role model, especially given all the plastic surgery.  A couple of the people I knew who had the surgery before I did also had "the works" done once they lost the weight (and were 20-somethings to boot!), and I know that I had an unrealistic expectation of how I would look as a mid-40s person  (and how much difference the PS can make and, even WITH the PS, how different "the view" is with clothes on than off).

My 4 year is next month.  Hard to believe it's been that long...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

wendybear1
on 7/20/11 8:19 am, edited 7/20/11 8:19 am - Brooklyn, NY
Good to know you're still kickin!

I agree with the fashion show idea. Yuck.

My 4 year surgiversary was a month ago. I thought it was in two days. Oops! I'll celebrate with some fresh fruit or something!

Bonnie ABC
on 7/20/11 9:41 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Happy 4 years.   I have missed your posts.  Hope to see more of you posting soon.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
seattledeb
on 7/20/11 12:17 pm
I hope it was a good steak.
Fashion show...ick. Don't blame you.
Happy Day.
Deb T.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/20/11 11:24 pm
Steak... hmmm... love that... 
Congratulations on the 4th...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics