SO STINKING PROUD OF MYSELF!!!

c5felsspirit
on 7/21/11 11:36 am, edited 7/21/11 11:43 am - lake cormorant, MS
Today was a down day exercise wise for me. Although every Thursday is a down day. Its a family night and since I work out every day but this one day I figure its ok to not work out. So anyway, I was at my daughters band camp today helping out, just kinda of volunteering my time to help where ever they needed me. Usually I assist with color guard just because it is so near and dear to my heart. When the girls were nearly done with practice they went down to the gym to run some laps and then wind down. I of course went down there with them. Little did I know I would have an experience that made me laugh and cry and feel so full of pride!!!!!

11 teenage girls get paired up to run laps. I told them I would walk, not run. We get set to start I was in the back of the pack.

ALL THESE GIRLS RALLIED AROUND ME, ENCOURAGED ME 
AND ROOTED ME ON TO JOG THOSE 5 LAPS AROUND THE GYM WITH THEM!!!!

AND BY GEORGE I DID JOG 5 LAPS AROUND THE GYM WITH THOSE 11 GIRLS!!!! I HAVE NOT RAN OR JOGGED IN SO MANY YEARS!!!!! 
OMG WHAT A FEELING TO HAVE ALL THOSE GIRLS SUPPORT ME!!!!

I got home and told my hubby and he says YEAH!!!!!!! He was in SHOCK that I was JOGGING with them!!!! I am just so damn proud of myself.... a couple of months ago I could not have dreamed of even walking those 5 laps, let alone jogging those laps!!!!

Feeling so blessed and appreciative of my RNY!!!!

Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

Raynae S.
on 7/21/11 11:48 am - PA
I just got goose bumps...Great Job!!!!
c5felsspirit
on 7/21/11 11:54 am - lake cormorant, MS
I just snuggled into my hubbys loving arms and cried.I so proud of myself and all those girls!!! Those girls are so great! None of them had seen me since before my surgery and they ALL see the difference!!!! They have all commented on it!
Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 1:12 pm - Boston, MA
that is awesome!!!
tcole20
on 7/21/11 1:57 pm
What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing with us. I find it amazing all of the things I was missing out on simply because of my weight.
Starting Weight: 378
Weight on day of surgery: 365
Current Weight: 195
183 pounds lost!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?