Tummy Tuck

Teresa B.
on 7/22/11 8:47 am - Marion, IL
For those of you that have had a tummy tuck would you do it again?  Also what was you pros and cons about it.  How long were you unable to do anything?  Any information is appreciated.

Thank you!!

Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

azreggie
on 7/22/11 8:51 am - Tucson, AZ
You might want to post this on the Plastic Surgery Forum.  There is a world of information over there.  Yes, I would do it again in a heart beat.

Reggie

Teresa B.
on 7/22/11 8:56 am - Marion, IL
 I went to that forum to post but there was not a topic line to even start off and ask a question.  However thats for you answer.

azreggie
on 7/22/11 9:43 am - Tucson, AZ
I see what you mean.  Go to the Forum then look at the line where ours sys Message Board and click on it and you'll be in.

Reggie

laura_vermont
on 7/22/11 11:24 am
So happy with my tummy now!  Would do it again in a heartbeat.  I did well initially after my surgery, was off pain meds by day 3, then got an infected drain.  After that was taken care of, I felt much better.  I followed directions for lifting restrictions for the full 6 weeks and had low energy that is just starting to improve in the last month (my abdominoplasty was in March).  I wish I could afford to have my thighs done - someday I will...
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/22/11 12:23 pm - OH
I like having a flat tummy, but I would only do it again if I could be guaranteed no necrosis!  My entire incision (reverse tummy tuck... a true T shape) turned necrotic and I had a big, deep crater in my belly(you could see the muscle fascia at the deepest point!) that had to be cleaned and packed twice a day and took over 5 months to heal up.  I now look like I have burn scars all the way across below my breasts and down the first couple of inches of the mdiline).  It also hurt like hell for a number of weeks.  I was off work for 4 weeks and still had trouble walking completely upright when I went back to work (because the muscle was so tight NOT because of the hole from the necrosis).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laura in Texas
on 7/22/11 1:26 pm
I'm three weeks out from my lower body lift and would do it again in a heartbeat. I really only had 2 bad days, but with pain meds, they were not too bad. I was able to get in and out of bed myself by day 3. My last two drains were removed on day 10. I feel great, but do tire easily.

All pros, no cons.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

siberiancat
on 7/23/11 2:52 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I am two months post fleur de lis tummy tuck and brachioplasty.  TT was the most painful of the 4 "open" abdominal surgeries I have had.  I was off work 4 weeks.  I also have had tissue necrosis with an "open wound", I imagine it will take about 2 more months until it closes - a pain in the bum!

My arms are great and my belly is flat.

Go back a few pages on the plastic surgery board and you will find many posts on the board.  They have been very helpful to me.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Teresa B.
on 7/23/11 5:32 am - Marion, IL
 I still can't find the plastic surgery board.  I found the plastic surgery forum page but there is no where to post of read of other experiences.  Any help would be appreciated.  Maybe I'm just not looking correctly but I sure do not see it. 

Thanks,

siberiancat
on 7/23/11 7:31 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Like the top of this page there is a NaVY blue line.  2nd from left says "Message Board".  click on that and you are in.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 304 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?