The Wait Begins

bomoni727
on 7/22/11 12:35 pm - MN
 Hello All,
This journey has finally brought me to the ultimate wait in my life.  No pun intended:)  I have jumped through every hoop, attended my six months with my nutritionist, and done everything that I've been asked to do.  My info has been submitted to Blue Cross  Blue Shield of Minnesota so now the wait begins for approval.  I am trying to keep positive but I know that each passing day will be nerves on top of nerves.  Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be appreciated.  I would like to know what it was like for you while you waited for approval and what I should be doing to continue to prepare myself for this life changing event that is about to happen.  If all goes well, I will be looking at a surgery date of somewhere near the end of August or early September.
Antonia R.
on 7/22/11 1:02 pm - University Park, IL
VSG on 06/11/13
Most people that submit for approval say that you should stalk you application. Make sure it was recieved and follow-up after a few days.

I am submitting to BCBS of Illinois. I hope it happens for you.
mandajolyn
on 7/22/11 6:53 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Take some deep breaths and try to relax. Waiting is always hard especially when it comes to something this important! Try to keep yourself busy, go for walks, talk to friends, write out a list of goals, things you'd like to do after surgery that you haven't been able to do. I'd start taking some vitamins, get some exercise in and take good care of yourself so that you're prepared the best you can be come surgery time! Before you know it, you'll be getting your answer and will be one step closer to your new life!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

montana28
on 7/22/11 9:31 pm - FL
I have BCBS of FL and the person in Dr.'s office who submitts to insurance says BCBS replys with 72 business hours!. So call your Dr. office next week. Ask them what your insurance process is. I was originally told I would hear something in 6-8 weeks! but the process has changed and now it is all done electronically over the computer.
kellyl1202
on 7/22/11 11:52 pm
I have BCBS of NC...I was told it would take 2-3 weeks for a response from the insurance company after my info was submitted but it only took 1 day!  Hope yours will be just as quick!
Good luck to you...
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

RadioGuy
on 7/23/11 12:40 am - OK
I was told my approval from BCBS would last about 14 days - it was 6.
"A happy life consists not in the absence of, but the mastery of hardships"           
LADYBUG 75
on 7/23/11 1:03 am - Indianapolis, IN
I'm waiting for approval too, but we had to file as an appeal because we had bad information the first go round and were told I had no dietary requirement.  so now after 6 months of dieting we have resubmitted (to CIGNA) and I'm told they have 30 days to respond!  I'm hopeful that they'll be as fast as BCBS!  :-)
Tina

Nothing will work unless you do.-- Maya Angelou

mamawof5
on 7/24/11 3:50 am - IN
I am also a BCBS member and after being denied twice, it took 3 weeks for them to give me my approval. Now just waiting on surgery August 2nd...and I am so excited!  GOOD LUCK!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 382 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404