12 days out and I have a question

lynni
on 7/23/11 8:05 am
Is it normal to have gas pains 12 days out?  They weren't to bad at the time of surgery but today I'm hurting in my neck and shoulder.

Kim H.
on 7/23/11 8:09 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I don't think that's gas pain. It might just be that you slept wrong or are using different muscles to move around after surgery. Other than that, I hope you're feeling good!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
_Donna_
on 7/23/11 8:10 am
I had gas settle in my left shoulder for many many days. What helped me was to "fly" flap your arms up and down and around.  Do it for about 5 minutes several times during the day and your pain should be gone in a day or so.

RNY 5-5-2011

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 7/23/11 1:11 pm
If you were a lap patient then that's the gas working it's way out from under your diaphram. The only thing that helps it is walk, walk and walk some more. It needs to move out from under the tissue and movement oxygenates tissue and gets the gas out. Deep breaths help too - do you still have your spirometer from the hospital? Use that and see where your deep breathing is.  Most laproscopic patients have this and it does take a while after surgery to work it's way up there. Keep moving and good luck.
Jen 9 yrs post op
nana2boys
on 7/23/11 1:21 pm
I'm having that very same problem now.  I'm 16 days out.  I had it the first week, went away for a week and now is back. 

Reddheadd7
on 7/23/11 2:38 pm - CA
Same here!! I week out and in the middle of the night I got this pain from my neck down through my shoulder blade. I couldn't turn my head either way or look up. Sooooo painful and the day before my birthday!!! Throughout the week it spread across my shoulders and felt like I did a major back workout for a few days. I've been trying to move around, walk and what have ya but man it hurts! It feels like most of it moved to my guts or something because now I have gas pain there and lots of noise!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics