Breath smells funny durring/after exercise???

shirleyfhoffman
on 7/25/11 12:03 pm - CA
I've been walking on my elliptical since February and I've noticed that when I work hard, I have a strange smell that seems to be coming from my chest or stomach when I breathe. It almost smells like cat urine or something. I could never put my finger on the smell until tonight when I did my first day of Insanity and was working REALLY hard. I had surgery on May 3rs, so I'm almost 3 months out now. Is this ketosis? I think I had it a little before surgery, but it seems to be getting worse. Am I the only one with this problem? If not, does anyone know what it is?

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/25/11 1:18 pm - Belleville, IL
Yep. It's Ketosis...Drink more water during and after your exercise. Also UP your protein. If you are getting a really ammonia smell this far out, means you need more PURE water while you are exercising.

Also doing JUST elliptical is a waste. Are you doing weight machines and free weights too? That will burn more fat and make you healthier than just cardio. At 47 I compete in female bodybuilding and have NO loose skin and achieved goal. Look at my photos and you can see some of my posing photos. Add weights and machines to your routine...Add more WATER and a protein bar (or protein shake) right after your work out...You want to BUILD lean, sexy muscle under your skin.

Warmly,
Jackie

shirleyfhoffman
on 7/25/11 2:00 pm - CA
I have been drinking water throughout the day and durring exercise. I do have crystal light after lunch and dinner, and I have 1% milk in my protein shakes. Once in a great while I'll have a glass of ice tea or make a protein hot tea, but those are very rare. I usuallt drink at least 1/2 gallon of water plus everything else I drink throughout the day. My elliptical goes up to resistance level 20. I started on level 1 and now I'm up to level 12. Back at 340 pounds, walking was just about the only thing I could do.

Now I've been cleared for weights, but I have no idea what to do or where to start. I can't afford to go to a gym or anything like that. How did you get started? What are your meals and workout routines like? I'm supposed to be eating 6 times a day with 1/2 cup at each meal, but I've only been eating 1 or 2 times a day and just making sure I have 1 or 2 protein shakes if I need them to hit my 70g of protein each day. I know I should eat more, but if I eat too much, it makes me throw up. I am also a little afraid to start eating again before I have established healthy eating patterns. I never want to go back to my old ways! Plus, I love never being hungry. Before surgery, I'd be eating one meal and fantasizing about what I was going to eat at my next meal. Now, it's like I only eat cause I have to or I'll die. I don't even really like food anymore. I know this feeling goes away, so I want to enjoy it while it lasts.

I've lost 100 pounds total and 45 since surgery in May. I have TONS of loos skin EVERYWHERE! I still have about 95-105 pounds to go until I hit my goal. I'd like to be between 145-135 pounds when I'm done, but that might just be wishful thinking. I'd love any advice that you can offer to help me get as close as possible. And thank you for answering my question!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views