Shakey & weak

Kimberly129
on 7/25/11 6:25 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
I was just wondering, what could cause me to bee feeling so shakey and weak.  I was out this morning with my mom shopping and all of a sudden I felt so shakey inside and weak like I was just gonna fall down, I felt a lil like I might vomit.  I have been taking my Vitamins like I am supposed to so I dont think its that but i dont know.  I am on vacation right now with my family so its not easy for me to call and make an appt to see my doctors.  I did notice that after I ate some crakcers and some turkey slices with some cheese I did feel better, however I still feel shakey inside.  I am just wondering if it something I need to cut my vacation short and go home for and see my Dr ASAP or something I just need to watch on my own.  Any advice would be appreciated Thanks
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

sjweiser
on 7/25/11 6:34 am
 Hi have you been drinking a lot of water. When you dyhdrate you become shakey.
Zombie
on 7/25/11 6:37 am
How much fluids are you taking in? Maybe dehydration? Maybe something you ate or drank? Maybe you aren't eating enough. All of these can cause you to have a weak feeling maybe even give you the shakes. Just drink plenty of water and remember to eat those little meals like the crackers and turkey slices. I think it will pass. Have you been out in the heat all day prior to this happening?

~Paul~

Pamela F.
on 7/25/11 6:37 am - OR
When in doubt call your Dr. Always. But I was having bouts of dizziness etc and it turned out that I needed extra Iron. Also my Dr. said that b12 levels can cause the same thing. So even taking all your supplements, you just might need extra stuff. Good luck!!
For by grace we are saved. Ephesians 2:8

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 6:51 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Congratulations, you've just entered the wonderful world of Reactive Hypoglycemia; one of the lovely things we have to live with as WLS post-ops.

Don't cut your vacation short;  you're probably having low blood sugar symptoms.  I say this because
you stated that you felt better after eating.  Just make sure that you eat mostly protein, with small amounts of complex carbs.  This will bring up your blood sugar and help it to stay relatively even.  Eat several small meals daily--like every 3 to 4 hours.  Please don't use glucose tabs or orange juice because that will cause blood glucose spikes.

It's not a real problem if you keep a handle on it.  You can live with RH very easily.

Good luck!

moving-on
on 7/25/11 7:08 am - Rimrock, AZ
Have you tested your blood sugar? Sounds like a low blood sugar (thats what we diabetics call it) or on the OH site reactive hypoglycemic. I really think that your blood sugar is dropping and after you ate you felt better.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views