From 275 to 155 - not so bad ; )

Me13
on 7/25/11 2:41 pm
July 26, 2011

It's been almost a year since my surgery - wow.  I think i'm staying somewhere  in my 150s (I'm too afraid to weigh myself after a month abroad), and I now know that I can stuff myself.  I'm back on the wagon since being at home and super self-conscious not to start over-snacking or eating late at night before bed.  A simple food diary every once and awhile reminds me to watch what I eat, and that every calorie does indeed count.  I still try to make good, healthy food choices and trying to balance protein, calories, carbs and fiber. 

Overall, life is still good on this side of the surgery - no problems except my panni still bugs me.  It gets gross down there.  Ick.  That, and I'm still trying to figure out my clothing issues.  Am I a 10 or a 12 or a 14?  My clothes don't quite fit right, and even the size 10 jeans fall down and the 14 feels fine around the waist but sags in the butt.  And there is a lot of extra skin (see panni issue) that I at times have to control with some sort of shape wear when I wear more form fiting clothes.  Not that I'm complaining, just blogging about the experience.  :)

Height: 5'6".  Top Weight/Surgery Weight: 274. (August 2010)
8 weeks out:  219.6.  12 weeks out:  198. 
NORMAL WEIGHT REACHED MARCH 2011 (153 lbs.).
Goal BMI:  In the normal range, please -- somewhere between 22-24 
Clothing size 26/28 (triple X) before surgery in August of 2010. 
March 2011 clothing size:  10/12 (large)

Lap. RNY and Gallbladder Removal, Dr. Choi @ Danbury Hospital, Aug. 2010

SweetGirl11
on 7/25/11 4:14 pm
Congratulations on your weight loss!!!  Great job! 

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

wife2denizmoi
on 7/25/11 10:02 pm
Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

laura_vermont
on 7/25/11 10:39 pm
Congrats on an amazing year! 

Any chance on getting insurance to approve a panniculectomy?  I had mine done when I was almost a year out --- I couldn't be happier.  I have to save for a couple more procedures.... looking "normal" in shorts is my goal....
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Koko M.
on 7/26/11 1:55 am - Albany, CA
I think you're AWESOME!
You are wearing that tool out, and reaping the benefits!

As to sizing... ha. Good luck. There's nothing to figure out, really, because even in the same brand you'll get very different sizes amrked with the same number. Interesting, I have roughly the same height/starting weight/shape issues you do.  To get clothes that fit well in my ass and hips, I have to buy them squeezy-tight in the waist. If they are comfortable in the waist, the extra material in the butt and thighs simply flaps in the breeze. That was the case in a size 24/26, and is still the case now. I imagine it always wil be; I simply don't have much of a waist. I really just have to try a few different sizes of the same piece on, and it runs somewhere between 12 and 14 now, with a 36" waist still.

I can't eyeball, because my eyes still haven't caught up with my body size.  I remember when my 16s were getting just too baggy, and I reluctantly took a pair of 14s to the dressing room. (Reluctantly, because I was so sure that couldn't really be my size, and was not looking forward to the let-down of trying on too-small clothes. Been there for 30 years, done that to death.) I held them out in front of me and actually snorted, they were just so redunculously small. But still,  I wanted to see how many inches I actually had to shrink before I would be able to button a pair of 14s. So I pulled them on, and up... and up... and over my butt... and... buttoned them without even pulling.

I felt exactly as if I'd been pulled from the audience to assist in a magic trick.  Or, for the HP fans out there, as if I'd just stepped through the entry curtain of the Weasley family's tent at the Quidditch World Cup.  Those pants were tiny, simply impossible for me, and yet somehow I had just put them on.

So it's not something youcan figure out, is my point. And I know that, because I held up two size 12 skirts, one on top of the other, at Target, and one had a waist almost 2" wider. Put that skirt on and that's almost a 4" difference between zipping and not zipping.

But congrats on your success! I bet you enjoy shopping, even with the confusion, right?

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 134 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics