Cigars???

CoachArch
on 7/25/11 12:41 pm - NM
I don't have many bad habits, but smoking a very good cigar and a glass of scotch or whiskey. I know I won't be able to do that for a while, but will it ever be possible? I know smoking is bad for us, but I don't inhale the cigar and it isn't every day. It's more of a once in a while thing. I'm only three weeks out so I know it's going to be a while, but I hope one day I'll be able to.... Please advise
poet_kelly
on 7/25/11 12:46 pm - OH
It'll be possible, sure.

Will it be a good idea?  I dunno, you'll have to weigh the risks and benefits of it and decide.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JerseyJim
on 7/25/11 2:08 pm - Sayre, PA
I'm an avid cigar smoker and have been told that no tobacco products for at least 8 weeks post-op, and better to wait 3 months, so that's what I'm doing.

Individual tastes being what they are, I'd be interested in hearing what you consider "very good cigars".  For me, it would be one of the ultra-premiums or maybe a Cuban cigar.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

CoachArch
on 7/25/11 2:14 pm - NM
One of our boosters is a big cigar smoker. He brings cubans over once in a while. We usually smoke Ghurka Special Reserve, or Arturo Fuente cigars, Helix, Davidoff.... You name it. It's always nice to just sit back and relax with a stoagie on the porch after a long day or on the golf course. Especially with a glass of Johnny Walker or some Crown Royal Special Reserve
JerseyJim
on 7/25/11 2:29 pm - Sayre, PA
The Fuente Fuente OpusX is one of my favorites, so Arturo Fuente gets my vote.  Davidoffs are amazing as well, although admittedly, I only have a 12 cigar sampler of those and many more OpusX.  Drink wise, I love sipping on a nice Islay scotch like 12 y/o Caol Ila while enjoying a nice cigar. I agree that it is certainly very relaxing.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Lammy
on 7/25/11 11:52 pm - North Providence, RI
We actually meet in my Friends garage every Friday for  a GSD Session (Garage Smokers and Drinkers).  I too enjoy a good Bourbon and a smoke, but we have all recently switched over to Pipes...  Yes Pipes.  Never in a million years did I think I would have given up my lovely cigars for a Pipe, but a Pipe is the most relaxing smoke in the world.  Much less tobacco than a cigar, no inhaling like a cigar, and no cigar mouth...  I am 3 weeks out to the day and am really looking forward to October 5th when I can have mu once per week Pipe and a very small taste of some Woodfords Reseve, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, or any of my other children that I miss soooooo much...

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

CoachArch
on 7/25/11 2:41 pm - NM
You are too a man of great taste. The OpusX is awesome. I usually have those or cubans for special occasions or when I need to impress a big booster. Usually I'm a Gurka Grand Reserve or Excalibur Legend guy. Your scotch taste is excellent as well buddy. Now we'll have to cut the scotch serving in half or add an extra ice cube to water it down a bit lol
Tim T.
on 7/25/11 7:30 pm - Eastham, MA
Finally , someone in here speaking my language- lol
Duck_Girl
on 7/25/11 9:59 pm

All I hear is blah blah blah *BOOZE*... You had me at the booze...

2 weeks post op and miss my wine :( 

Dale W.
on 7/25/11 10:12 pm - Canonsburg, PA
My humidor is a little bit sad he won't be opened for a couple of months but then again, my single-malt collection must feel the same way.  I just keep telling myself that I really, really do enjoy a good scotch and cigar in the evening on a nice weekend, sitting outside on he patio and enjoying the company of the neighbor's... but just think, in the few months I'll be spending away from them, it'll be a brand new me when my cherished collection sees me again. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics