dumping question

gochristy1971
on 7/26/11 7:17 am - CA

Does dumping always involve some kind of stomach upset such as diarhea or vomitting?

Can it just be a queasy feeling without any physical happening?

I think I'm dumping right now...fast heartrate, sweaty, queasy stomach...just ick.  Is this mild dumping?

Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
Wes J.
on 7/26/11 7:23 am - MI
It can be vomiting or diarrhea but it can also be feeling really nauseous with cold sweats and the other symptoms you spoke of.  It happens from time to time. I accidentally ate ice cream with sugar in it instead of the sugar free version and I felt like you how you are talking about feeling.

lynnc99
on 7/26/11 7:34 am
Dumping usually does NOT involve vomiting or diarrhea.

It may include that queasy feeling, or feeling as if you might have to go to the bathroom, but the real symptoms are flushed feeling, sweating, chills, abdominal pain, and fatigue after it passes.

I've had it twice - once, think of curled up on the bathroom floor moaning. The second was more like sitting with my head between my knees in pain.

So yeah, it sounds like you are experiencing a little dumping episode!
gochristy1971
on 7/26/11 7:37 am - CA
Thank you both.

I'm actually kind of glad when I get some indication that I really did have surgery!  I almost always just eat what I'm supposed to; very rarely have I gone "off plan", so I don't have very many indications that anything is different.  I've had a couple of food intolerances and stuck feelings, but this is my first dump.  I won't do it again.  I just had a handful of m&ms and a half a banana.  I know, BAD idea....but, like I said, I won't do it again!
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 220 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?