Isopure drink causing build up on tongue

Jenners
on 7/26/11 8:42 am - Indianapolis, IN
So I really don't mind the taste of the Isopure drinks, but every time I drink it, I get this slimey, white build up stuff on my tongue.  I diluted the drink a little bit, but does anyone else get this?  How do you get around it?   I wanna drink it so bad because it's easy protein for me. 
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
bunnicash
on 7/26/11 9:03 am - Sedalia, MO
Thats hilarious you said this. I was just looking this up yesterday going what the h*** is this stuff. I couldn't find anything about it. I almost wonder if thats the protein????? Yes Isopure is the only way I can get in my protein to...and that icky slimy stuff sucks, but gotta do what ya gotta do I guess. I just gargel and brush my teeth and tongue after I drink it.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/11 9:05 am - OH
"gotta do what ya gotta do I guess"

No... try the Cytomac Pure Performance protein water.  See full response below.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/11 9:03 am - OH
Yes, lots of people get either the coated tongue feeling or the actual coating. 

My solution was to switch to the Cytomax protein water (available from Vitamin Shoppe or online). It has a better taste (IMO), has no aftertaste, no protein (that looks like something out of your nose!) floating in the bottom of the bottle, and no tongue nastiness.

Lora

Jenners
on 7/26/11 9:07 am - Indianapolis, IN
I may try that Rita.  Do you suggest any specific flavors?
~*~JEN~*~     

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/11 9:15 am - OH
(I'm Lora... my surgeon is Rita... )

It comes in three flavors (tangerine (which tastes a little like a Tang-type drink), watermelon (which tastes more like fruit punch than watermelon) and tropical (which is a (bright green!) apple-y/pear-y tasting one with a hint of coconut). 

I like the tangerine the best, but they are all fine.  I do pour them over ice because they are a little too sweet for me some days.

Lora

Jenners
on 7/26/11 9:18 am - Indianapolis, IN
OOPS, sorry Lora, lol, I wasn't paying attention and I still don't know everyone's name    My pouchy does good with cold drinks, so I will deffo pick some up this weekend.  Thanks for the tip.
~*~JEN~*~     

poet_kelly
on 7/26/11 9:55 am - OH
See, I think the Cytomax drinks have much more of an aftertaste than Isopure.  Isopure still has an aftertaste, but it does not seem nearly as bad to me as the Cytomax.  I tried diluting them, mixing them with Crystal Light, everything I could think of but I just couldn't get rid of the aftertaste with Cytomax.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

melizabeth
on 7/26/11 2:54 pm - CA
Hi Lora,
Do you use the Cytomax protein water pre made or the powder?

Thanks,
Melizabeth (from hairy tongue post-Isopure)
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/11 7:23 am - OH
Th premade Pure Performance Protein water.  I have actually never seen powder by them (but I use powders only in very limited cir****tances these days so I don;t usually pay any attention).

Lora

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics