FREAKING OUT!!!!

Arinsho2
on 7/27/11 8:05 am

My surgery is in 11 days for my revision from the band to the bypass! I can't believe it is getting so close, I feel like I had just found out that I was approved. I have been waiting for this for over a year. I'm starting to get scared, but more excited about the whole thing. I think the biggest thing that I don;t want to do is stay at the hospital for 2 days. LOL
Please let me know of anything that will help me through the stay and the operation.
And please keep me in your thoughts!!!
Thanks,

Arin----Revision from Band to BYPASS!!!!                        
kellyl1202
on 7/27/11 8:09 am
Best of good luck to you!
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

C J
on 7/27/11 8:23 am - Franklin, MA
I'm a band to by-pass revision too... girl you're gonna LOVE it I promise you!!!!
Admittedly the physical recovery from the band was a bit easier but it's really not awful! If you're biggest thing right now is not wanting to stay in the hospital this is gonna be a walk in the park sister!!

In my opinion, the best thing to get thru your two day stay is just get up and walking around as soon as you feel ready, even shower when you can... this will help you become more independent and ready to go home sweet home!

You will see that life after RNY is very different from having a band... it's flipping fantastic!! If I knew then what I know now, I never ever would have wasted my time w/a band but... I did all my research and was 110% in love with the thought of being banded!!

Your daywill be here before ya know it... I'm excited for ya!!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

barbiieedoll
on 7/27/11 11:40 am

Yes this is what I was looking for...what was your problem with the band. I was looking to do that but I think I am leaning to the gastric instead.

nkara
on 7/27/11 10:18 am
 sooooooo happy for you.... I'm jumping through my hoops now so I can get this band out of me and revise to RNY.  I can't wait.   Take the two days in the hospital as a vacation.... take your meds and walk... walk.... walk... it will go by fast and your going to be great!

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

immafatgirl
on 7/27/11 1:37 pm - KY
the days in the hosp will just be a part of getting your life back. take it as a stepping stone to better days ahead . good luck girl.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 88 views
Recent Topics