Protein Ice Power Shot??

mom2kings
on 7/27/11 5:32 am
I just read about Protein Ice Power Shots by ANSI.  They state "Protein Ice Power Shots contain 32g of Protein, 10g of Glutamine and 6g of BCAA's. We have left out the carbs, fat and lactose leaving you with just pure protein perfection."

I am three months post-op & struggling to get my protein and thought these looked like a good option.  What do you think??

Protein Ice Power Shots Nutrition Facts

Mom2Kings

M M
on 7/27/11 5:39 am
 Isolate is the first ingredient -- that's good....
ktharp89
on 7/27/11 5:41 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I wish there was a way to know how much protein we would get from it.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/11 6:57 am - OH
Me, too. They ought to have to tell you what percenatge of the combination is the whey isolate and how much is the hydrolyzed crap so you would know how much protein you were REALLY going to get.  The way it is listed now only means that it has to be at least 50.1% protien isolate and a max of 49.1% hydrolyzed protein... which means you are getting SOMEWHERE between 16g and 32g.  Big potrential range...

It really ****** me off that these companies play games with marketing bariatric supplements when our HEALTH is at stake.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

JerseyJim
on 7/27/11 5:56 am - Sayre, PA
That is the first "shot" product I've seen that wasn't mostly collagen protein. The fact that it has whey isolate as the primary protein source means that it has a high bio-availability and you'll absorb more. It looks like a good option to me.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/11 6:41 am - OH
That's because it isn't really a "shot"... it's 20 ounces.

Lora

JerseyJim
on 7/27/11 6:45 am - Sayre, PA
??? the nutritional lable above says 1 bottle = 4 ozs and they put "shot" in the name...plus every source I found lists them as 4 ozs...seems like a shot to me...

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/11 6:51 am - OH
Several sites say 20 ounces and several others say 4.  The one I actually saw about 2 months ago was definitely 20... so now I don't know! 

If they really ARE only 4 ounces and have the appropriate content, even *I* might consider drinking them just to not have to eat...

Lora

JerseyJim
on 7/27/11 6:56 am - Sayre, PA
Lora, it looks like there are two products...a 42gm 20oz bottle and a 32gm 4oz shot...I think they are okay, but I have some reservations about the "Enzymatic Hydrolyzed Protein Isolate" since I can't really find any information on what type of protein it is, or what its bio-availability might be...

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/11 7:01 am - OH
The hydrolyzed protein is the collagen protein.  The question then, is whether you are getting more than 15g of protein from it (it has to be at least half whey isolate).  Need a PDCAAS score for it sicne I dont; think any of us here (except maybe Andrea) knows what the necessary levels are of the avrious amino acids even if we HAD an amino acid profile for it.

Maybe someone can contact the manufacturer and get and answer... but I'm not holding my breath.

Lora

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404