OT - I HATE being used

CoachArch
on 7/27/11 11:48 am - NM
Sorry, but I have to vent somewhere and my "friend" is the one I'm venting about. Before my RNY on July fifth my female friend and I became very close. We were pretty much on the verge of becoming a couple. I've been big my entire life, but have never really had issues with finding a girlfriend. She was always very nice and asked me to get her a job at our golf course, which as an administrator in the athletic department I oversee the guy who runs it. I got her the job and she was being very friendly. Then I leave for surgery and have been off of work for a couple of weeks relaxing and recuperating and she quits talking to me. She hasn't responded to any of my texts or emails. I hate it that she got what she wanted and now won't even acknowledge me. Even more, I hate it that she would go to the trouble of making me like her and then drop me like that. Hell, I even bought her a Coach purse while I was traveling back from my surgery because she had mentioned that she had never owned a designed purse. Why do the good guys always get fu&@ed?!?!?
hobbes
on 7/27/11 11:50 am - SD
 She sounds crazy, bro; and you know you NEVER put your dick in crazy.  Figuratively speaking of course.

Man up, find another. 

aanmarie
on 7/27/11 12:08 pm - NY
I'm sorry that happened to you.She probably wasn't worth it anyway.You can and will find someone that will care about you.There aren't many good guys out there.Unfortunetly you can't trust many people even ones you have know forever.I know how you feel.Hang in there.

AnnMarie
jenysez1
on 7/27/11 12:13 pm - LA
Venting is always good.  That so sucks.  Woman are *****es....(except me...my husband my beg to differ)   That is why most of my friends were guys.  Now I have just one real close (girl) friend and even she has her moments.  Please tell me you didnt yet give her the purse yet.  She should be bringing you a present a get well and a thank you for the job.

Jenny

Cherylkas
on 7/27/11 12:19 pm - PA
 Sorry you got screwed. You seem like a really nice guy and she targeted you. Now if it were me I would be talking to my buddy and letting him know what she did and see if he can make sure she no longer has a job. But then I am a witch like that. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/11 12:21 pm - OH
I'm sorry that she used you like that.  Very low-class.  Not ALL women are like that, of course... some of us (like me!) have NEVER led a guy on just to get something from him... but it sounds like maybe you have just run into more than your fair share of the "users".

FWIW, I have run into a number of men who were "users" (or tried to be, LOL) as well.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

HogRider
on 7/27/11 12:24 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Well bro, If you got her the job, I'm sure you can find a way to get rid of her.
crystal P.
on 7/27/11 12:28 pm - KY

so sorry to hear that, the good guys always seem to get hurt more often than the bad guys, she will realize what she missed out on soon enough, and when she comes crawling back wanting to be your friend or be a couple, I wouldn't do it, that was so wrong of her to take advantage of you, especially when you are going through life changing events, but hang in there, I can tell u r a good guy, and I know u will find someone soon that will appreciates u and love u for who u r, big or small. I am having my surgery in 2 wks and i am dreading the part that some of my friends now might not be there after because of jealousy and I am not looking forward to my relationships changing, I have read that most friendships will change after surgery either for the better or for the worse, so hang in there and be strong and focus on you right now and only you. ttyl add me as a friend if u would like to

surgery date RNY 8/10/11, HW 345, SW 323, CW 308, GW 155-160, SGW 135

"what doesnt kill me, can only make me stronger"        
princessfrogee
on 7/27/11 12:53 pm - AL
Hey Coach!  So sorry to hear that has happened to you.  One thing about people like her, what comes around goes around.  Life has a way of working out things like that.  If she is that shallow, wonder what her work ethic is like??  It will prove itself in due time.  As much as it hurts and as hard as it will be, the best thing to do is be the bigger man and don't even give her the time of day.  Be cordial when you have to, especially at work to be professional, but when she starts acting all cute and trying to get friendly again, more than likely she is working on a raise or something else she can get out of you.   Like the other posters said, in due time, she is going to look back and regret how she has done you.  Whatever you do, don't let her or girls like her taint your giving and caring spirit.  There are so few guys out there that really care like that and so many girls out there much more deserving of your attention.    Hang in there!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
shellbell75
on 7/27/11 12:57 pm

That's awful. She isn't worth your time or energy. You seem like a really nice guy. My hubbs is a nice guy and he got ME!!  LOL. Put the Coach away until you find the right girl to give it to. The hubbs bought me my first Coach on our honeymoon (9 yrs ago), and now I bet he's wishing he never started. All my friend call me a Coach ***** I have the bags, shoes, key chains....

Take care. Hope you are rockin your RNY!!

**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views