When can I start excersizing??

megan cruz
on 7/28/11 11:42 am - CO
OK ladies and gents..im exactly one month out and my doc said everything looksgret but still hasnt cleared me for excersize...when did yall start hittin the treadmills n doin all that good stuff?
virvin
on 7/28/11 11:58 am - CO
I was given clearance to start walking about 2 days after my surgery.  I had some complications during recovery (not related to the bypass, but to reaction to anesthesia), so things went a bit slower for me.  At my 2 week appointment, my doctor said I could do anything I wanted to, but if it hurts...stop. 

I believe every doctor is different, but you should at least be walking.  I have a dog and live in an apartment so walks are mandatory.  :)

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Troy Roberts
on 7/28/11 1:32 pm - CO
I started walking around the hospital the night of surgery and never stop . Congrats on surgery and best of luck let know if you want to go walking some time i think we live close im in west lakewood . would love to have someone to walk with and share stories with .    Troy
Mia H.
on 7/28/11 2:02 pm, edited 7/28/11 2:03 pm - OH
 I have the same date as you.  I was cleared Wednesday (5 weeks) to do light excercise like treadmill and arm exercises (no heavy weights, just 2lbs or so).  Plus I can do swimming and water aerobics because my gastric tube hole has closes completely.  They said to listen to your body and stop, take a rest, then go back.  I am to do cardio (walking, swimming) for 30 mins 5 days a week and my arm strengthening and toning for 15 mins 3 days a week.  My center has an excercise physiologist on staff and he gave me the excercise schedule. 

But if your doc hasn't cleared you, listen to them.   

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics