2 month Progress with pics (if I did it right!)

tbartz
on 7/28/11 12:48 am
This has been a wonderful journey for me so far.  On May 23, 2011 I had my surgery and then exactly 2 months later I walked on stage for my graduation from college weighing 60lbs less!!!  What a great feeling! 

When I was trying to loose weight the last go around I was told I need to look into WLS I was mad and was in denial.  Then when my legs starting falling asleep due to the pressure on them I "gave in".  Now, that is the best decision I have made for myself and my family.  I am happier, feel better, and I am healthier.  I no longer have sharp shooting pains going up my legs at night or do they fall asleep and go numb.  This has been a blessing!

I know there are many risks for this surgery and there are people that have complications, but I just wanted to let people know there are people out there that do not have complications and do fine as long as you follow your doctor.  I have not dumped or had any other problems.  I can eat many types of food, but I stay away from most carbs ( I will do 100% whole grain every once in a blue moon).  I do not have hunger pains, but I get a feeling that I need to eat so I eat.  I do not get a full feeling or pain, but I just get another feeling in my mind that another bite will be too much.  I was told by my doctor this is normal for some people.  I asked my doctor if I was weird because I am not having any of the problems I read on the forums and he said "no, there are many people just like you but they normally do not post as much as those with problems looking for support and answers." 

I hope this helps some of you looking into the surgery (and these pictures are for my dear friend on here looking into the surgery).  Do not take just my journey as your deciding factor, but look at all the people on here willing to give advice, encourgement, and an ear to listen because at times the journey is not easy and you need support.  It was from gathering real life stories from this website and looking through pictures that I made my decision that I was going to change and be the person God created me to be; not what food, PCOS, & other issues made me into.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 12:51 am - RI
you look great!!!!

Keep up the good work!
Bill B.
on 7/28/11 12:55 am - NJ
It looks like your doing a great job! We had surgery the same day and I have been fortunate enough not to have any complications also. Keep up the great work and good luck with the rest of your journey.

Bill

not_looking_back21
on 7/28/11 12:55 am - Buffalo, NY
you look awesome!!! Great job!

dragonzinoz
on 7/28/11 1:47 am
Thank you ! So few people post and say things are going well. It's nice to hear! Keep it up and your an inspiration to us who are getting surgery soon.

Mona V.
on 7/28/11 1:53 am - Lexington, KY
 You are doing great and you look wonderful! Keep up the great work!
Jenny_D
on 7/28/11 2:54 am - Canton, GA
 Congratulations on all your hard work so far! 60 pounds - wow!  

I wish my body would shed the weight as quickly as yours! I had surgery a week after you and have dropped 33 pounds.  HALF what you have! You are rocking this surgery!! Way to go!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

bittybabynurse
on 7/28/11 3:58 am - MN
You look amazing! Way to go - keep up the hard work!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views