Can you puree chili?

Jenners
on 7/30/11 2:10 am - Indianapolis, IN
My family is making chli tonight and I would love to have some!  I'm on the puree stage of things.  Does anyone have any advice on how good pureed chili goes down?
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
unewillow
on 7/30/11 2:13 am - CT
Yes, yes you can and it still tastes yummy. Like a thick stew or soup. Have at it!

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/11 2:14 am - Santa Cruz, CA
As long as the puree is about the size of a pencil eraser, you shouldn't have any problems.  You
just might want to make sure it isn't too spicy.  Chili was one of my mainstays, as well as refried
beans w/cheese & mild salsa.

Enjoy!
poet_kelly
on 7/30/11 2:15 am - OH
I didn't eat it when I was on pureed foods but I would think it would probably work very well.  I didn't want to puree anything that wasn't  normally at least sort of that texture, if that makes sense.  Like, I ate refried beans and ricotta cheese and applesauce because I didn't have to puree them, they are normally that consistency.  But chili wouldn't seem weird pureed to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bkritty
on 7/30/11 3:25 am
It depends on your surgeon's plan for you. My pureed phase does not allow for beans...if yours does than Have at it! Enjoy! :)

ladyquenn
on 7/30/11 3:50 am - WV
Chili was one of the prefered foods my surgeon wanted me to eat. I had to ma**** up or puree it because the bean skins can get stuck. Also taking your iron with a tomato based product helps you absorb it according to my NUT. I ate it at 1 week out.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
Mrsmary04
on 7/30/11 6:45 am - CO
RNY on 07/05/11 with

My surgery was on the 5th and I am still on the pureed stage as well and when I went in for my appointment yesterday my NUT said that pureed chili was fine. My hubby made some this past week so I have been enjoying that this week. I start soft foods next Friday and I am really looking foward to that. LOL

~MARY~       
gizmo113
on 7/30/11 11:07 am - Camby, IN
 I wasn't allowed to have it because of the acid in the tomatoes... now that I'm recovering from 3 ulcers I still avoid it!

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 72 views