My darn roller coster!!!

Amanda H.
on 8/1/11 12:31 am - Indianapolis, IN
Well, as some of you may know I have gotten back on track and it has been a week today that I started.  As of last Thursday I had lost 7 pounds... but as oof todayI have only lost 2 pounds.  How did I gain 5 pounds in 3 days???  The anger and frustration is really getting to me.  I ate what I was supposed to all weekend.  The only this I had that wasn't planned was a walking taco at roller derby... which I know is not good but it does not consitute gaining 5 pounds.  I understanding it has to be water weight or something along those lines but go****s so hard to see when i have been trying so hard.  Sorry for the complaining... but I have to be accountable even when the scales don't say what I want!!!!  Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!!!

Tess145
on 8/1/11 12:45 am - Senatobia, MS
 Hi Amanda:

You might want to check you sodium count.  I ate some dried beef jerky over the weekend and gained 2 lbs. on yesterday weigh in.  I cut all the jerky out yesterday and upped my water.  I weigh this morning and had dropped 3 lbs.  Hopefully, in a day or two your five pounds will be dropped off too.

Tess
Barbara C.
on 8/1/11 12:52 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi Amanda,

I know that it can be really frustrating to have this happen, but even when we aren't trying to lose weight most of us have about a 3 to 5 lb swing... i.e., I can weigh anywhere from 136 to 141 and it's not an indication that I'm gaining, but just normal fluctuations.

If you haven't done so already, try to focus in on the reasons that you want to lose the weight. You may find that they fall into categories such as health, quality of life, appearance, and self esteem. Each morning try pulling one item from each category and using those to focus your energies that day and weigh the choices you make against those reasons. You may well find that when you weigh the choices, food, activity, etc... You will make better choices. Also, consider logging your intake and activity. Often, when we do this, it not only increases our awareness and accountability to ourselves, but we often make choices that support our goals when do this.

Even when we are trying to lose, these can come into play. I haven't been on in a while, so I haven't been following your journey, so you may already be doing these things, so forgive me if I'm suggesting things you are already doing... Here goes; journal or log your consumption of fluids and food so that you will know the value of what you are consuming. Also, try to indicate what your 'mood' is when you are eating. Next, wear a pedometer to gauge your activity level.

Finally, remember that there will be hills and valleys as we make this lifelong journey. The most important thing is to continue to the journey and sometimes we even need to make a few changes in our 'roadmap' to help us get where we want to go.

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

poet_kelly
on 8/1/11 3:04 am - OH
It's normal for your weight to fluctuate from day to day.  Listen, last Thursday I weighed myself and I was 126 lbs.  Normally my weight goes between 122 and 124.  I did not like seeing 126 so I weighed myself again on Friday and it said 128!  That's the highest my scale has said since I hit 122 more than a year ago and I was horrified.  I normally don't weigh every day but I weighed myself again on Saturday because I was worried about being 128.  But on Saturday, the scale read 124 again.

Seriously, if the minor fluctations in weight stress you out, the best thing is to not get on the scale so often.  Maybe you are retaining water.  Maybe you need to poop.  Whatever, the numbers will sometimes go up a little.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amanda H.
on 8/1/11 3:43 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks girls!!!  I was so ready to give up this morning... but you have encourged me to keep on truckin!!!!  Love it here!!!!  You guys are awesome!!!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics