Tomato?

Billie Jo C.
on 8/2/11 6:17 am - Spokane, WA

When is a good time for me to add tomato back to my food intake? I'm craving tomato like crazy? And also is here a good type of mayo to put on sandwiches (tomato)? sounds crazy hahaha but its killing me...

www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws    www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws

LORI S.
on 8/2/11 6:35 am
Yellow tomatoes are lower in acid and my Dr said as long as I can take the seeds out I was OK to eat them early out. He would not have given me the permission if they would've been red tomatoes.
LORI S.
on 8/2/11 6:37 am
As far as dressing goes you will not eat that much so personally I like Miracle Whip lite
poet_kelly
on 8/2/11 7:03 am - OH
I wasn't supposed to eat raw veggies until eight weeks out.

I use lite mayo.  But you aren't really considering a tomato sandwich this soon after surgery, are you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KimminyK
on 8/2/11 8:31 am - Hannon, Canada
Wow! I didn't know we weren't supposed to have tomatoes. My doc has me on "food for Life" (I'm 8 weeks out now) but have been eating tomatoes for a few weeks now. They are one of the few things that I just can't get enough of and go down well.

I still can't eat carrots or celery, and haven't tried salad yet. (I'm a little worried after the dumping I got from the minced raw carrots and celery).

This week when I'm home I plan to try a lettuce leaf or two.
poet_kelly
on 8/2/11 8:35 am - OH
My doc's plan did allow tomatoes at eight weeks out.  But the original poster is only about two weeks out.  I was on pureed foods at two weeks out and a pureed tomato sandwich does not sound at all appealing to me.  I think two weeks out is too soon for tomatoes or bread.  There is a big difference, in my opinion, in two weeks out and eight weeks out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KimminyK
on 8/2/11 1:27 pm - Hannon, Canada
Hi thanks Poet Kelly!
I completely agree...a pureed tomato sandwich sounds horrid! LOL!
And absolutely there's a HUGE difference between 2 weeks and 8 weeks!!! At 2 weeks I could barely get the protein shakes down or broth, let alone anything as acidic as tomatoes.
I've only just started on bread, and at that really, really slowly.
You're so good at all this!!!
sunpat41
on 8/2/11 7:23 am
I had canned dice tomatoes early out, because I also love tomatoes, I put it in my ground turkey to give it flavor, never had any problems
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

pouch_potato
on 8/2/11 9:43 am - PA
I LOVE tomatoes! At two weeks out I broke the rules and ate a few small cherry tomatoes from my friend's garden with some ricotta cheese. It was heaven! I'm not going to make that a habit this early out so I'm counting the days until I can have a tomato/mayo sandwich on toasted bread. And a caprese salad with basil, vinegar and oil. YUM!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Notes:
Price S.
on 8/2/11 9:48 am - Mills River, NC

We could have tomatoes pretty early, with other low fiber fresh veggies.  Maybe 8 weeks.  No bread for 6 months.  With my garden fresh tomatoes coming in I eat at least one a day, in my scrambled egg, with lunch.  cooked with my pork loin tonight.  Still haven't had a tomato sandwich but have had them on a low fat, low carb wrap with cheese.  Yummmm.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views