Looking for happy Bariatric Fusion vitamin users

MochaPJ
on 8/2/11 12:05 pm - CA
Hi,

I am considering switching my brand of vitamin from one of the biggies to Bariatric Fusion for two reasons: number of vitamins I need to take in a day and cost.

I realize that everyone is different and our vitamin needs may vary from person to person. I'm just curious if any of you BF customers and if you've been happy with your lab results and the products in general.

Thanks!

Laurie

poet_kelly
on 8/2/11 12:27 pm - OH
Bariatric Fusion doesn't really reduce the number of vitamins you'd need to take in a day.  It actually increases the number.  I know they tell you that just four of those a day has everything you need, but that's just  not true.

The ASMBS says we need 200% of the RDA  of most stuff, but four Bariatric Fusion only gives you 100% of a lot of stuff.  To get 200%, you'd need eight a day, not four.

Then there is calcium.  Eight a day would give you 2400 mg calcium which sounds great, but some of it is calcium carbonate, which we don't absorb.  So you might need additional calcium but the label doesn't say how much of them is citrate and how much is carbonate, so I don't know how you'd figure out how much more calcium you'd need.

You'd still need additional B12, too, because we can't absorb B12 in a chewable vitamin.  It needs to be sublingual, or else the shot or nasal spray.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 334 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 325 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 58 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?