I want to buy a scale that is as accurate as the docs office--Any suggestions?

flyonthewall
on 8/3/11 6:46 am
My home scale is crap, always gives all over the place readings, is always less than the docs office. This ruins my day. Can anyone tell me what scales you use and if they are as accurate as your docs office? Thanks in advance.
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 6:49 am - TX
Tanita scales are great. I have the body fat composition one and it is almost always right on target with the docs office.
Pupcake !.
on 8/3/11 7:04 am - Stranded in, IA
Don't buy "Eat Smart"

I love my tanita- it was rated highly in Consumer reports.

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Tess145
on 8/3/11 9:10 am - Senatobia, MS
Hi Pup:

What is wrong with the eat smart scales.  I just ordered one.  I like to know if I need to send back.

Tess
Pupcake !.
on 8/3/11 12:07 pm - Stranded in, IA

I bought an eat smart scale from amazon to replace my trusty Tanita. It had some interesting reviews of people having trouble with it's accuracy but most changed their reviews after contacting the company and receiving replacement scales for free.

I used mine for a month- it was amazingly "accurate" if you got on it once- the weight never changed if you got on it 10 times unlike other scales I owned. It was 1# lower than my Tanita so that was also a bonus!

But......

My weight loss was strange, it bounced all around no matter what I ate, and after working hard on weight loss I had gained 2# that month. Frustrated I started cheating on my diet.

At about 5 weeks I decided to try my old Tanita because the weight didn't make sense.

I had lost 8# per the Tanita, I then checked at work and I had lost 9# there.

Check the reviews on Amazon.

as a side note they sent me an E-mail REQUESTING I write a positive review for the scale. Not Amazon but the company- something is screwy there.

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Tess145
on 8/3/11 12:51 pm - Senatobia, MS
Thanks so much for the review.

Tess
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/3/11 7:06 am - OH
I have both an old-style physician's scale in my kitchen (with the sliding weights) and an Escali digital bathroom scale that has body fat % and hydration measurements.  The weight is right on the mark with the big one (although my RNY surgeon's scale is ALWAYS 3 pounds heavier for some reason... do I really gain 3 pounds during the morning just drinking...?!?).  The body fat is 1% off from the measurement I had done with the hand-held unit at the hospital body-fat and RMR testing event.  DOnt; know how accurate the hydration level is.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

AnneGG
on 8/3/11 7:35 am, edited 8/3/11 7:36 am
I have a Withings-Wifi Bodyscale, and I love it. I weigh myself and it sends the results to my computer and my iPad and plots the results on an ongoing graph. It's expensive- $159- but keeps me in line weight-wise. I do better with weight, exercise, and intake charted in an ongoing fashion.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404