Worried after my Tummy Tuck - Seroma??

Chrissy V.
on 8/3/11 12:58 pm
Hi all, I am 7 weeks post-op with a full TT with both vertical and horizontal incision with lipo and I am starting to get a area around sternum that feels like it is filled with fluid.  It is not painful at all but worrisome nonetheless.  Also, my lower abdomen is still leaking a little fluid and has remained swollen with large, very hard knots in it since the day of surgery.  Surgeon suggested moist heat and massage but said if it does not resolve he would have to go in and clean it out as he believed it was sutures that did not dissolve.  I see him saturday at 1pm but I was hoping someone could tell me if they are familiar with this or have had either of  the same problems.  Thanks so much Chrissy  
Bonnie ABC
on 8/3/11 7:51 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I had my last drainage tube in for 5 1/2 weeks when a seroma popped at the bottom of the anchor.  The surgeon suggested removing the tube, but it's was a pinhole and instead, the fluid built up along the whole incision lines.   I had a litre of fluid in about 5 days.  I had to go back and he drained me by opening me up again, infusing iodine and installed a new drain that lasted 3 1/2 weeks and cut out the seroma hole that didn't want to heal.   There was no pain.. but the water bed effect on my whole abdomen was kinda freaky.   From researching it at the time I found that most seroma's dissolve on their own, mind didn't.  Maybe over a long period of time, but mine was about 3 feet of incisions that were just not going to.   Good luck on Saturday.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404