A thank you...to all of you...

virvin
on 8/6/11 8:52 am - CO
I had such a rough week last week.  I wasn't able to eat or drink for almost 8 days.  I went to my GP and she asked me to go talk to my surgeon's office.  So, relunctantly I did.  I was sure they were going to say what I was feeling was normal and that it will pass.  Well, I was partially correct.  It is normal, but it is not the way I should be feeling.  Thanks to my nurse, she suggested something for acid.  I kept thinking...I don't feel like I have heartburn...but okay.  Well, now I am eating and drinking better than ever!!

The feeling that I had when I was drinking was that it was like a frozen marble going gown and sitting at the entrance to my stomach and trying to melt into my stomach.  Food made me nauseous and I couldn't even stand to look at it.  Yes, I know those are two very important things...but it was making me so ill.  I can now take 3 swallows at a time (no, not gulping) and I have an appetite again.  I'm still not hungry, but I do know when it is time to eat.

So, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped cheer me along.  It really helped.  For those that have problems...don't hesitate to ask your surgeon's office for help.  That's what you are paying them big bucks for.  For those that know somone having problems, please don't just tell them to eat/drink anyways....that doesn't work.  Just ask them to talk to their doctor/nurse.

Thank you so much for this website and the support I get here.  I hope I'm able to return it one day.

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 8:55 am
I'm so glad you're feeling better... it can be miserable for some people at first and such a relief when things start to return a bit more to "normal" (or closer to normal that you were before... but your previous "normal" will never be the same as your "normal NOW, if that makes sense!).

Best of luck... and work that plan!

tori
ktharp89
on 8/6/11 8:58 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I am so glad that you are doing better and that you got the advice you needed! I love to come here for support too!
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

hisxmorticia
on 8/6/11 9:23 am - FL
glad youre feeling better!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views